Rowardennan, Rowardennan, G63 0AR, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.2/10! (score from 587 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Rowardennan Hotel is run by the Allison Family and a warm welcome awaits. Rowardennan is a remote area on the banks of Loch Lomond. It is situated 7 miles passed Balmaha, which is where the closest shop/bus stop can be found. With views up the Loch to the North, down the Loch to the South, and Ben Lomond towering in the sky, it's hard not to fall in love with the quiet serenity that can be found here. It may only be 30 miles from Glasgow, but you feel as though you are at the end of the world. HISTORY: Rowardennan is jam packed with history, you can almost feel it in the air. The original building for the hotel has been resting on the shores of Loch Lomond since the 1600's, and we have a copy of the bar menu from the 1690’s. According to some sources, Rob Roy’s father was married here, to a “bar wench”. The area is mentioned in Sir Walter Scott's 'Lady of the Lake', first published in 1810, and mentioned as "Dennan's Row". Rob Roy owned the land around the National Trust building, from 1711 until he was branded an outlaw in 1713.
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Loch Katrine 8.7 miles
- Balloch Castle Country Park 9.7 miles
- The Hill House 9.7 miles
- Loch Lomond Shores 10.4 miles
- Lake of Menteith 13.8 miles
- Blairmore and Strone Golf Glub 14.6 miles
- Dumbarton Castle 15 miles
- Benmore Botanic Garden 15.9 miles
- Auchentoshan Distillery 17.5 miles
- Mugdock Country Park 17.6 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Clansman Bar/Hotel Restaurant Restaurant 0 miles
- Loch Lomond Lake 0 miles
- Ben Lomond Mountain 0 miles
- Glasgow Airport 21.2 miles
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport 44.4 miles
- Edinburgh Airport 51 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose Rowardennan Hotel
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 4 languages
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Outdoor furniture
- Lower bathroom sink
- Toilet with grab rails
Pets are not allowed.
- Water sport facilities (on site) (Additional charge)
- Canoeing (Additional charge)
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Children's playground
Food & Drink
- Chocolate or cookies (Additional charge)
- Bottle of water (Additional charge)
- Wine/champagne (Additional charge)
- Kid meals (Additional charge)
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Luggage storage
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Packed lunches
- Laundry (Additional charge)
Entertainment and family services
- Kids' outdoor play equipment
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
We're sorry to hear that...No thanks
Your feedback will help us to improve this feature for all of our customers.Close
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
14:00 - 22:00
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 8 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs.
All children from 12 to 15 years are charged GBP 20 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Rowardennan Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.