This family-owned hotel features a wellness spa, fitness centre and a fireplace lounge with panoramic views. Free shuttle buses run to and from the Blue Lagoon, just 0.6 miles away. There is also an Exclusive Airport Taxi service at an additional charge to Keflavík International Airport, 13.7 miles away.
Modern décor, down comforters and wooden furnishings decorate all rooms at Northern Light Inn. Each has a Smart TV, electric kettle, seating area and free WiFi. The bathrooms include a hairdryer and toiletries.
Views over the Reykjanes Penisula’s moss covered, lava field can be enjoyed from the floor-to-ceiling windows in Northern Light’s restaurant. It serves Icelandic dishes, such as fresh fish, free-range lamb and homemade specialities.
Staff can arrange horseback riding tours and bicycle rentals on site. Central Reykjavík is 45 minutes’ drive from the property.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a restaurant for other meals.Yes! Max's restaurant at the Northern Light inn (in premises) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner! =)Answered on 21 August 2019
- 1 /any public shuttle from Keflavik to your hotel? 2/ How much it costs ?Hi, There are buses from KEF airport to the Blue Lagoon, but we will arrange a taxi for our hotel guests on check-in date from KEF airport to our hote..Answered on 31 January 2020
- Can you arrange whale watching trips and trips into town to explore?Hi, We used to have a local whale watching company that offered pick-up/drop-off to our hotel but they are not operating anymore. You would need to bo..Answered on 27 November 2019
- If I check in 2nd of February, am I able to see the Northern light from this hotel? do you provide free shuttle from airport?Hi, the northern lights can never be guaranteed as this is nature at its best. That is the beauty with the lights. In February we have enough darkness..Answered on 18 January 2020
- Are there vegan food options?Hi, yes we have vegan food options both for breakfast and dinnerAnswered on 16 September 2020
- Still looking?
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Local, International, European, Grill/BBQ
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 00:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 6 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Northern Light Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The neighbouring Blue Lagoon geothermal spa highly recommends advanced booking, as entrance is limited. Please contact the spa directly for further details.
When ordering rooms for 10 or more guests, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform Northern Light Inn in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Northern Light Inn
Room options at Northern Light Inn include:
Check-in at Northern Light Inn is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Northern Light Inn is 2.6 miles from the centre of Grindavík.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Northern Light Inn by:
- Taxi 20min
- Car 20min
Guests staying at Northern Light Inn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Northern Light Inn has 1 restaurant:
- Max's Restaurant
The prices at Northern Light Inn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Northern Light Inn offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Spa and wellness centre
- Fitness centre
- Games room
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Foot massage
- Walking tours
- Spa lounge/relaxation area
- Bicycle rental
- Temporary art galleries
- Spa facilities
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Hand massage
- Happy hour
- Back massage
- Hot spring bath
- Fitness classes
- Bike tours
- Horse riding
- Tour or class about local culture
- Head massage
- Spa/wellness packages
- Yoga classes
- Steam room
- Full body massage
- Neck massage