The Yak Lake House - Hostal
Boulevar Costero de Bacalar Manzana 2 Entre Calle 24 y 26, 97326 Bacalar, Mexico – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 1315 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Yak Lake House - Hostal! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Yak Lake House Adults Only offers accommodations in Bacalar. You will find a shared kitchen at the property. Chetumal is 14 mi from The Yak Lake House Adults Only, while Corozal is 20 mi from the property. Chetumal International Airport is 12 mi away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.The Yak Lake House - Hostal has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Dec 18, 2016
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
See what guests loved the most:
- EliseFrance“The location on the Laguna is just amazing, and the staff is awesome. The receptionist Imara was very helpful and adorable. The whole experience was one of my best stay !”
- GiladIsrael“Great location, nice bar/restaurant. The receptionist, Imara, was super kind nice and helpful. I recomand strongly.”
- MelissaUnited States of America“Great location and they had many amenities including onsite boat excursions.”
- ChristopherUnited States of America“Great vibe--relaxing and close to the lake. Great bar with decent food and prices. Wednesday party is super fun, and other nights are more chill with events like beer pong and mixology lessons. Having a tour company in house is nice (although it...”
- AmeerIsrael“Good and clean place, at the lake with entrance, a place to do water activities at the hostel. Different activities every night, and real nice staff, especially Imara from the reception, very welcoming and more than happy to help any moment.”
- EmilieCanada“Amazing location right on the water, fun activities, great food at the restaurant and nice bar on site.”
- DanielAustralia“Great hostel, the staff are lovely, Imara was very helpful.”
- Regina_22United States of America“Amazing location. The female dorm was great. Even though it was loud downstairs at night I slept very well and the sound isolation was great. Nice chill vibe. Food and drinks were good at the bar.”
- LucFrance“Really nice location on the lagoon, the view literally couldn’t be better, and near city center. Lot of evening activities, perfect if you want to meet new people and have some fun. Plus the staff is helpful, they took care of your taxi...”
- MarcosUnited States of America“Location, location location, staff is awesome also”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
Do I need a lock for the lockers?You don't need your own lock because our lockers work with a number combination lock.Answered on 2 July 2020
Hii, there is space to do home office?Hi, good morning! Yes we have in the kitchen 2 big tables with lake view where you can work.Answered on 17 September 2021
Can I use my own sleeping bag?We provide sheets and blankets, but the guest is always free to use his sleeping bag if (s)he wants to.Answered on 2 July 2020
Hola, what is the latest check-in time? Thank youHi, Thanks for writing us! Reception is open 24/24. Check-in start at 2pm and check-out are until 11am. If you need something else, please let us know..Answered on 29 October 2022
Do you offer luggage storage?Yes we offer free luggage storage.Answered on 22 September 2020
Hi, in the 8 beds dormitory room there is an air condition?In all our dorms have air conditioning from 8 pm till 11 am.Answered on 11 May 2021
- Still looking?
Area info *
Amenities of The Yak Lake House - HostalGreat facilities! Review score, 8.7
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Shared kitchen
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Live music/Performance
- Water sports facilities on siteAdditional charge
- CanoeingAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Baggage storage
- Board games/Puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- 24-hour security
- Adults only
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking rooms
From 2:00 PM to 12:00 AM
From 12:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash The Yak Lake House - Hostal accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Check-in starts at 13:00, check-out is possible until 11:00. Late check-out will be charged $50 MXN per person. Any check-out after 14:00 will be charged for 1 night.
Payment is due upon check in. Payment Method: Cash (MXN).
It is strictly prohibited to possess or consume any type of illegal drugs at the hostel. Anybody found using drugs will be turned over to the authorities immediately and banned from the hostel.
Vandalism is taken very seriously. Anything destroyed must be paid for by the person responsible.
The hostel provides secure facilities for your convenience, but is not responsible for anything stolen or lost on its premises during your stay.
Alcohol cannot be brought into the hostel.
It is strictly prohibited for non-guests to enter the rooms. For security reasons, all guests are required to wear a wristband.
On wednesday we have our weekly super party, especially for the dance lovers and nightcrawlers!
Because we love and respect our lovely lagoon, Bacalar gives it on wednesday the chance to rest and therefore there are no tours or other water activities during the whole day.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Bar is closed from Mon, May 18, 2020 until Tue, Jun 30, 2020
FAQs about The Yak Lake House - Hostal
The prices at The Yak Lake House - Hostal may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Yak Lake House - Hostal is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Yak Lake House - Hostal is 1,650 feet from the center of Bacalar. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
The Yak Lake House - Hostal offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Live music/Performance
- Water sports facilities on site
- Bicycle rental