You're eligible for a Genius discount at Panga Chumvi Beach Resort! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Situated directly on a picturesque beach in Matemwe, Panga Chumvi Beach Resort features an on-site restaurant, swimming pool, massage services, bicycle rentals, and free Wi-Fi access throughout the property.
The rooms here are equipped with a fan, mosquito net, a terrace or a balcony, and a private bathroom with a shower.
Other facilities include a bar, a garden, and laundry services.
Michekeni Caves is 3.1 miles away, Mnemba Atoll is 7 km, and Jozani Forest is a 40-minute car ride from the property.
Panga Chumvi Beach Resort is 28 miles from the city centre of Zanzibar, and 32.9 miles from Abeid Amani Karume International Airport.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
Matemwe Beach8.6 Fabulous beach50 yards from property
Pwani Mchangani Beach8.7 Fabulous beach1,650 yards from property
- Is your private beach next to the property or do I need to use a means of transportation to go there?No beach in the whole of Tanzania is technically allowed to be private - all beaches belong to the people. That said, some are quieter or less accessible. Our beach is direct;y in front of the hotel, and this part of the very long silver-sand beach of Matemwe is relatively quiet and wonderfully attractive.Answered on 10 December 2019
- When is the best time to visit your property for the perfect beach holiday?Any time of year! Traditionally High season follows the Northern hemisphere school holidays (July/August, and over Christmas and New Year), however, the weather in Zanzibar is warm and enticing throughout the year. The monsoon seasons do bring rain, but in many ways, they are wonderful in their own rights - the rain on the East coast (driest part of the island of Unguja) is the least anywhere in Zanzibar and usually only lasts about an hour before clearing again into a glorious and sunny day. For those able to travel during these seasons, they are quieter and many places give discounted rates. Beach activities such as snorkelling and diving continue throughout the year unchanged.Answered on 10 December 2019
- Do u offer airport transfer? And do you arrange single day trips?Yes the cost for an airport transfer is $50 and yes we can arrange many different day tripsAnswered on 17 August 2021
- Hi. How many bed does your studio have. As we r 2 adult and 1 child. And how much is airport shuttle per person or per carWe have 1 double and 1 single in the Studio rooms. The shuttle is $50 per car one wayAnswered on 17 August 2021
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea, Cocktail hour
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Private beach area
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- SnorkellingAdditional chargeOff-site
- DivingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Seating Area
- Coffee house on site
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Parking garage
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Safety deposit box
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Mosquito net
- Private entrance
- Car hire
- Family rooms
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Entire unit located on ground floor
- Open all year
- Pool with view
- Shallow end
- Sun loungers or beach chairs
- Sun loungers or beach chairs
- MassageAdditional charge
13:00 - 22:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
07:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Panga Chumvi Beach Resort accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Please inform Panga Chumvi Beach Resort in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Panga Chumvi Beach Resort
Yes, this hotel has a pool. Find out the details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Room options at Panga Chumvi Beach Resort include:
Panga Chumvi Beach Resort is 1 miles from the centre of Matemwe.
Panga Chumvi Beach Resort offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Swimming Pool
- Private beach area
Panga Chumvi Beach Resort has 1 restaurant:
Guests staying at Panga Chumvi Beach Resort can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The prices at Panga Chumvi Beach Resort may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at Panga Chumvi Beach Resort is from 13:00, and check-out is until 10:00.