HI - Portland Northwest Hostel
479 Northwest 18th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209, United States of America – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 1129 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at HI - Portland Northwest Hostel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Boasting complimentary breakfast featuring fresh hand-rolled bagels with spreads and beverages, this hostel is just a 10-minute walk from Portland’s Pearl District. Free WiFi access is available at HI - Portland Northwest Hostel.
Mixed dormitory rooms, female-only dormitory rooms, male-only dormitory rooms, as well as individual private rooms are available here. Each room comes with linens, and a shared bathroom. The dormitory rooms offer individual lockers.
Guests have the option to prepare their own meals thanks to a shared, fully equipped kitchen. Laundry facilities, bicycle rentals, and a 24-hour front desk are all available on site.
A number of dining options are within a 12-minute walk. HI - Portland Northwest Hostel is 1.2 mi from Portland’s International Rose Garden, 2.5 mi from the Oregon Zoo, and 0.9 mi from the city center.
Portland Union Train Station is a 4-minute drive, and Portland International Airport is 14 mi from the hostel.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How close is the parking lot? Is it safe late at night to get to the hostel?We do not have a parking lot. All of the parking is on street, but we have permits for $5 per day so that you can park without paying the meters.Answered on December 31, 2019
- How do you accommodate transgender women in terms of room options?We are happy to accommodate our guests in the gendered room type that they identify with. We also offer mixed gender dorm options.Answered on March 13, 2020
- Do you offer luggage storage?Yes. We offer free daytime luggage storage on both your arrival and departure dates.Answered on October 22, 2019
- How much does it cost to rent a lock?It is free to borrow a lock, but we charge $10 if you lose the key.Answered on October 22, 2019
- is the $5 street parking still an option for your guests?Yes we have street parking available. Cheers! NW Portland Hostel StaffAnswered on May 1, 2022
- Still looking?
The Hostel Cafe
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 16 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
HI - Portland Northwest Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note: Property does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
When booking 10 or more rooms, different policies apply. For more information, please contact the property directly.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about HI - Portland Northwest Hostel
HI - Portland Northwest Hostel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Evening entertainment
- Bike tours
- Movie nights
- Live music/Performance
- Walking tours
- Happy hour
The prices at HI - Portland Northwest Hostel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
HI - Portland Northwest Hostel has 1 restaurant:
- The Hostel Cafe
Guests staying at HI - Portland Northwest Hostel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at HI - Portland Northwest Hostel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
From the nearest airport, you can get to HI - Portland Northwest Hostel by:
- Car 25min
HI - Portland Northwest Hostel is 2,300 feet from the center of Portland.