2. Australia hotel reviews
  3. Queensland hotel reviews
  4. Gold Coast hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast

Reviews of The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Broadbeach Island, Broadbeach, 4218 Gold Coast, Australia

#10 of 127 hotels in Gold Coast

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Fantastic stay with my sister who was celebrating her birthday.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Casino area itself was a little shabby and doesn't have the atmosphere it used to have. Very hard to win anything but that was just small part of our stay and the hotel is appealing to the high end market these days and the hotel itself is luxurious.

Staff are very helpful and friendly, room was luxurious, towels are big and fluffy, beds were dreamy to sleep on , lovely buffet in the morning .

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Top time had by us both will do it again when we save up for it
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Couldn't fault at all. Except I didnt win on the pokies and hubby had no luck on the tables. Haha great night away for hobbies birthday.

The bed was like a cloud to sleep on loved it.Breakfast at MG I think its called was very good staff very nice and friendly.Have to bring our stuff for a swim next time it looked great.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Very enjoyable, will stay again
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Long wait for the elevator in the morning during the checkout period :(

Loved the fact it was a short elevator ride to all the action :) Room was clean, comfortable and well appointed :)

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Beautiful place to stay.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Our stay was beautiful however the pool area fake grass can get rather hot as it starts to heat up.

THE BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. The room exceeded my expectations by a mile! The bed was super comfy and loved the ambiance of the room. My partner and I stayed here for our anniversary and it did not disappoint. The 11AM checkout is amazing, please don't change this! The pool was beautiful too and plenty of places to sit.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Very poor arrival , but problems where solved queickly.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

When we booked in we were given a bad room next to the lift (6.01), when I have requested, in advance, a quiet room high in the building. When I booked online, I was charged again upon check-in. While this was dealt with upon checkout, it should not have happened.

When I complained I was transferred to the 19th floor, which I was happy with. The compliant I made was dealt with in a quick and professional manner.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Absolutely fantastic! Wish we stayed longer.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The location is right next to the convention centre and heaps of restaurants. The beds were super comfy, the buffet breakfast was massive, the pool area was large and lovely. Excellent hotel!

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Nice stay othetwise
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

No Doona cover on the Doona only a sheet. Doona had yellow stains over it. For the amount of money you pay you would think it would be clean.Nice stay only Doona dirty and no cover on Doona. Lady at counter wasn’t very nice just said well nothing we can do only pass on to house keeping. Stood my ground and they can us 2 free breakfast.

Food in the garden was beautiful

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Amazing night
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The only thing I would say was the renovations going on but that it wasn't anything to bad.

The room was great, and the bed was very comfortable. Casino was great as well as the staff that I dealt with through the whole stay.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

The room was very spacious & comfortable.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The room was very spacious & comfortable. Great view of the hinterland & only a brief walk to Pacific Fair. Not being charged for car parking was also a bonus.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Overall, we liked the room and Bill Bailey was brilliant, but need the restaurants back soon.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Unfortunately, and while it is appreciated that renovations are going on, we were unable to get anywhere to eat, prior to going to the Bill Bailey concert and then the restaurants were closed by the time we got out.

We like the room. It had a great view of the beach and was quiet and comfortable. The event venue was also good and we enjoyed the garden restaurant where we had lunch with friends.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Everything - the bed was amazing and the Nespresso coffee...
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The renovations were a bit of a pain but I realise they are necessary. Out restaurant breakfast options were limited and we ended up in the casino eatery. It was nice but not what I felt like.

Everything - the bed was amazing and the Nespresso coffee machine made me come home and buy my own!

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Amazing hotel, worth every dollar!
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Bfast was a little under everything else, otherwise the food/drinks were amazing.

Amazing! Worth every dollar. Would have loved some live music in one of the many bars as an inclusion maybe but everything was done so well.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Weekend away with the girls!
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Wonderful hotel with modern facilities Loved the pool layout Beds were extremely comfortable Loved the automatic blinds and curtains Cleanliness of rooms and friendliness of staff very appreciated L’Occitane products were lovely

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Relaxed
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

We have quick, close getaways from our kids every so often, & we always stay here. The facilities are fantastic since all the upgrades have been completed. They have the comfiest beds & great room service. Love the later then usual check out.....fantastic!! Tried the Garden bar on this stay, great service and meal was Devine.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Stayed for GC600.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Stayed for GC600. Great location close to light rail, Pacific Fair across the road. Room was clean and comfortable. Buffet breakfast was included and well worth it.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

BYE
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Reception and management would NOT listen trying to blame everyone else- Booking.com then us for THEIR STUFFUPS!

Room Service was excellent with food and service, but our reception took an hour and the management tried to blame Booking.com and then us for the errors their receptionist/hotel made. At one stage we were all booked into the one room according to their receptionist T...and with 4 rooms booked and having been at competition all day this is not what we needed and we have told everyone about the stuff up. Our room was very nice but the special handicapped room was disappointing. We will book elsewhere and tell other masters competitors to do so as well. Garden Kitchen restaurant was very good with very good staff.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Could have been better except the Food Quarter and parking let you down.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

I complained about the staff service at the Food Quarter on the Wednesday and queue jumpers. Was advised that the team would be spoken too. Went back to the Food Quarter on the Saturday - not once but twice queue jumpers were served before those waiting in line. On return to the carpark on the Saturday - after playing in the Pan Pacific Masters Games - could not get a car park close to the entrance. Ended up in the staff carpark. Need to do something about parking for resident guests.

The cleaning staff on looked after the room and were friendly. Convenient to the Convention Centre. Enjoyed the pool area. Nice views to the hinterland.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Very relaxing break
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

We had problems with the television turning itself off and then refusing to work. Contacted frount office and the electrician came and hopefully it has been replaced now. Time consuming and annoying.

The facilities and location on the best part of the coast.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

As we live on the gold coast we had never stay at the star...
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Melbounre cup. On our first day of the arrival it was busy. Understand its melbounre cup and all functions were booked out. Not enough chairs to watch the melboune cup in the smaller sport bar. So stood for a good hour. Dinner that night we went to cucina vino my meal was pefect. My husband was average. Wouldnt go back. The pool. Not clean very well. We saw green mould on tiles in the corner near the waterfall. They need to scrub the tiles got out very quickly when l saw that. The bar staff werent that friendly. When its windy in the pool area hang on to everthing. I Lost my cocktail . I went up to the bar staff and l told them that the wind just tip over my drink which cost $18 The bar staff said oh well. They dont have many choices for pool snacks. And they didnt have the ingredients to make my husband drinks that were on the pool menu. What a waste. Aura spa package. Omg so so so over price. I found out its discount for gold and platinum members but if you are not then you pay full price. So spa package we didnt do. And we normally do a spa package when we stay at a hotel. Executive lounge on level 1 is only temporary so dont expect a lot. Snacks for each day were the same from day before very average. Plus with construction going on very noises through the day. Maybe things will change when everything is finish and the new harvest buffet for breakfast is open in December. At this stage we wouldnt rush back to stay

As we live on the gold coast we had never stay at the star casino . We wanted to watch the melb cup and the next day was my husband birthday. So l tend to buy experience packages for his birthday.l booked us in for two nights. We loved the new renovated executive room we were on level 20 view was amazing the bed was so comfortable like sleeping on a cloud. Bedroom so clean and smelt so fresh. It was quite on the 20th floor. The star casino is still under construction quite a few construction workers around. The noise from the jack hammer was going on the morning we check out. It was hard to hear what the staff was saying. The staff at the executive lounge were lovely always greeting us and welcoming us in to the lounge to enjoy the snacks coffee and drinks. Which we did each day. Have to mention the caring staff (lady) at the pool area handing out the warm towels was lovely and kind. Making sure everyone had a dry towel not wet. And taking all the wet towels away. Valet parking attendants very polite and were so helpful on arrival and check out.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Rooms were very clean and bright.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The refurbishment work with the noise level took the shine off a good stay. Work not completed until Dec? Service was generally good except for some staff in Cherry bar and casino who clearly worked long shifts and were tired - it would have been nice to have heard a default “congratulations” on those rare occasions when we won something at the tables rather than an indifferent look from some croupiers when asked to cash in.

Rooms were very clean and bright. Overall a good stay. Very busy on a Sunday evening.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Lush bed! Very posh

Our 4x4 didn’t fit under the undercover parking height was only 1.95

Very posh. The electric window curtains and blinds. The bed had a feather overlay and feather pillows! It was so comfortable. Shower and bathroom was very clean and modern

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Value for money and great place
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

There wasn't any conditioner in the bathroom and I would place fresh apples out for guests

The star has everything in one place music, bars, good food casino and had very easy parking and close to shops. Well stay there again. The upgraded decor was excellent

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Very comfortable but I did not get to have a relaxing g bath as I was looking forward to
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Bathroom very small. No Bath when I asked for a room with a bath. Asian staff don’t u derstBd what you ask for. I asked the staff if the room had a bath and was told yes. They think when you ask for a bath it means you are asking for a bathroom.

Beautiful and clean so comfy loved it

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Clean bed
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe Twin Room

Staff were not at all friendly or helpful. Once checked in it felt as though you were on your own in the giant hotel with no staff help. Drunk non hotel patrons spilling over from the night club into our elevator as we tried to make our way back to our room. Every time we went to pay for something they went to give us a surcharge on our own money being used. Very rude and abrupt wait staff at breakfast. They should definitely take a leaf out of the Sofitel or Westin hotels way of treating their customers.

The room was clean and quiet

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Overall it was a great night to remember staying at the Star
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Unfortunately the room we stayed in had no view whatsoever, that was most disappointing

Lunch at the Imperial the service was fantastic the service at the Sports Bar

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Everything else
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

It was my 60th celebration and the hotel knew that and they couldn't even acknowledge it in any shape or form and I spent over $3000 in the hotel. Bit disappointing.

Everything else

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

This Resort is a great Place to stay in Broadbeach

Nothing at all.

We were upgraded to a Suite which was awesome, very private. The Garden Restaurant has a nice atmosphare for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Very good and speedy service.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Our stay was exceptional and fitted our purpose of getting away & relaxing by having a great time.
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe Twin Room

No dislikes at all, found everything very satisfactory. The only issue was my vehicle being a 4 wheel drive could not fit into valet car parking so i had to park down near the trades loading dock area.

The facilities, The room was very comfortable, Friendly staff, Restaurants were excellent. A perfect place to stay, dine, relax & have a little gamble. We enjoyed our stay immensely & would certainly stay again & recommend to our friends.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

The bed was exceptionally comfortable.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The bed was exceptionally comfortable. We were given a bottle of wine and a lovely note for our anniversary. Such a kind gesture. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Brutal But Fair
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe King Room

The cob webs under the bed were quite disgusting. There was dust flying around the room every time we sat on the bed. There was also hair in the bathroom sink upon arrival. 😔

I Loved the staff who were amazingly helpful. The shower was awesome. The view was beautiful from the balcony.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

We had a wonderful time. Very relaxing around the pool. Therestaurants good and location excellen
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

There was not enough hanging space in the wardrobe.

The breakfast was excellent and were very surprised to have been placed on the 21st floor in a penthouse room.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

I enjoyed my time staying at The Star and the overall experiencee was great
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The shower pressure was unfortunately that bad that I struggled to wash my har. The hair dryer was also on its last legs

The beds were extremely comfortable and the room service was fantastic

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

The gambling side of things could have been kinder.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Probably the breakfast options, very difficult for older people to eat $30 worth of breakfast.

Overall stay was comfortable, and found the staff both pleasant and efficient, and unfortunately cannot find anything to complain about.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Awesome anniversary.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The ongoing renovations though in many ways needed were distracting and broke the atmosphere.

The staff were all awesome. The facilities were clean. The room service was fast and the food was yummy.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

A great couple of days away in a clean and friendly place. The staff were all amazing
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Not enough options for food. Very limited that were opened. The ones we did eat at, were quality and value for money.

R=The staff that checked us in were amazing, quality and efficient. The staff at the Garden restaurant were also professional, warm and friendly

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Very good
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe King Room

Need more coffee capsules in the room. Didn't like the fact we used the coffee cups on the first day and no facilities to wash them .

Staff were excellent big shout out Meg on the hotel reception beautiful welcome to our mini break .

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Could not fault this property.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Could not fault this property. Cleanliness was amazing and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The buffet breakfast was the nicest I had ever seen & eaten!

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Everything!
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Can’t access the hotel from main road through the darling on Friday/Saturday. Need to make big loop.

Everything!!! Staff so professional and amazing. Room is excellent beautiful, modern comfortable. Amenities complete and good. Nespresso coffee and French tea. Concierge and housekeeping efficient. Electronic control blinds, lights, USB port. Amazing selections of restaurants and bars. Large pool, spa, plenty of recliners.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Very good
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Everything was great apart from night club noise in our room till 3am when I was attending a fitness comp the next morning and had a 3 year old with me!!!

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Wedding on the Gold Coast
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Long walk from the carpark to reception

Quality everything Very comfortable bed Great television Amazing views Electronic room key card Modern electronic privacy Excellent food and cafes Great sports bar

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Loved it - would have loved to stay longer!!
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe King Room

There was nothing in the room I didn’t like - in fact I spent more time in the room than the casino because it was so elegant and enjoyable.

The linen on the bed was so soft and comfortable. The room in the shower was extraordinary. The automatic curtains and blinds just added tha5 extra touch of elegance.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Comfy beds, nice modern style of rooms, love lighting (Auto...

Late check-in, couldn't get into room until after 3pm

Comfy beds, nice modern style of rooms, love lighting (Auto sensors) plus electric blinds, nice shower and makeup mirror and lighting

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

The service was excellent from start to finish!
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Directions from the car park to Hotel Reception.

The service was excellent from start to finish! We enjoyed having everything we needed under the same roof. Drinks and canapes at the Executive Lounge were excellent and a great way to relax and unwind before an evening meal and entertainment.

Poor
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Value for money was poor. For the price we paid for the room it was not worth it. The Star lost our bags, instead of looking for them we had one of there staff go up to the room to confirm we were telling the truth. Further to that they found some shopping bags we left up there and proceeded to tell me that they were there. There was no urgency even after I let them know there was a $4k engagement ring in one of the bags. Found our bags after 4 hours in limbo. Didn’t offer anything for the mistake. Just a shrugging of the shoulders asking me what I wanted them to do. Very poor. After we left and paid full price I received a call from the Star offering a free nights stay between Sunday to Thursday. Completely unusable for a couple that work for a living with 2 kids.

The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have the restaurants etc downstairs

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Very close to both south and north Broadbeach station which...
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Was under construction during our stay. But not disturbing at all.

Very close to both south and north Broadbeach station which makes it convenient to everywhere. Nice staff and clean room.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Convenience.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The lifts did not work properly, had to wait half an hour to get a lift as it was checkout time. When the lifts did work it didn't take me to the room I pressed.

Convenience.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

The bed extremely comfy!
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Bathroom was dirty...had long black hairs all over the floor. The blacjack tables are a rip off $25 min bet! What happened to making fun reachable for everyone! At least offer a $10 table.

The bed extremely comfy!

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Very clean bed was comfy
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The staff were rude especially the security staff. We were told we could get through from the new building through to the Main Street to Broadbeach which we did. On the way back we weren’t allowed back through even though we were staying at the Casino so had to travel through a dark park where there were 20 drunken youths breaking glass and threatened us.

Very clean bed was comfy

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Overall it was okay.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Extremely noisy, specially some guests from the floor above us at 1am.

Restaurants/ bars service was amazing with very good food and caring staff. The location of the hotel was perfect.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Bed was very comfy.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Bed was very comfy.. Room was spacious.. Lovely robes and slippers and additives...Lovely view. Easy access to lifts..Service fantastic... Concierge fantastic...

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

The Star has it all.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Cheap toilet paper! It is very disappointing that accommodation of this standard is skimps by using such rubbish toilet tissue.

The newly decorated room was lovely and the bed was both very comfy and a good size. The breakfast was terrific, lots of variety and really fresh.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Top class venue, deserving of the 5 star classification
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The pillows were too soft. I should have requested 'firm' pillows. My mistake.

The room was well furnished, with top quality goods. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Great for friends to come and pick up without worrying where they’ll park for 10min or so.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Some initial confusion about hotel lift and car park lift.

Easy for a single ladies, there are many places to dine without going out after a very busy day.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

ok and would stay again but would request a quieter room air conditioner wise
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

The noise of the air conditioner was EXTREMELY LOUD to the point that we needed to turn it off during the night. We were visiting from Tasmania so the weather difference for us was an important aspect to be able to sleep comfortably and for us unfortunately this wasn't the case.

the location of the venue was great for my business purpose. the room was look over the mountains. the room was well maintained and clean the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Best hotel ever
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Well there nothing bad to say about the hostel honestly. Not trying to impress but that's the truth.

Wow! It was indeed a great weekend for me I love every simple bit of what i saw in the hostel great service, location perfect, staff was friendly and the food Omg was yummy. Great job guys ❤

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

It was my birthday an I got a bottle of wine.
    • Club Suite

The bed was soooo comfy. Didn’t want to leave it. The corner balcony room was very flash. We got to go to the executive lounge for free food an drinks for two hours. Yummo

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Amazing location amazing staff
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

Location 24/7 food entertainment beautiful room staff where so nice upgraded us as we thought we where getting a balcony only cost $40 extra and nothing was too much trouble for them wouldn't stay anywhere else bed so good as well

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Location was good
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe King Room

Upon arrival at 2pm our check in time, we were told to come back as our room hadn’t been cleaned. This is not acceptable the only saving grace for Star is that another staff member suggested a different room that also had a balcony. The bed was uncomfortable as were the pillows. The price for the room was way to high. 6.30am Sunday morning work men were using high pressure water cleaners and having a very loud conversation. Very disappointed with our stay.

Location was good

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

With staff like that I would have absolutely no hesitation in returning
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe King Room

Having the bottom sheet smoothed out before we got into bed

Every member of staff could not have been nicer. I was starting to think they had a happy drink at the start of their shift they were so nice and kind.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Not good experience.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Wrong information provided to me and on checking I was very uncomfortable with explaining my situation. Staff didn't want to understand it and will not stay with them ever again.

Not good experience.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

It was ok, but I would not recommend to others in terms of value for money and luxury.
    • Corner Balcony Deluxe King Room

The construction noise was loud and ugly, the coffee pods in the room did not get refilled the second day and there were no bathrobes. We could have been warned for the construction and other things should have been easy to do, but were not done. Also, the gym needs a serious upgrade!!!

The bed was very comfortable, but the construction noise was not great - super noisy in our room and it was quite ugly. We were not told about the construction when we booked.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Not worth the money I paid.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Too much noise with construction. Could not relax by poor or spa due to noise. Also gym facilities were at a minimum as the gym was moved to a small meeting room.

Refurbished room and good food.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

All god
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

This was our first time at this property and was like a journey into the unknown which turned into an enjoyable stay, at this point we could not find any dislikes.IThink we could say it was all good which is well supported by the customer service.

The room amenities were good value, the breakfast choice was excellent, I the light of this our night away at this property was very enjoyable.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Great location and facilities. Cant wait to come back when all the renovations are done.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The health spa was closed or moved due to renovations and it was a little bit noisy on the Monday when construction workers returned to work in the hotel.

Access to 7 restaurants, the casino, pool and spa all at the one location. This was the perfect location for my client and all the staff at each venue we attended were fantastic.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Our room was comfortable and clean.
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

More information on where to park and check in would have been helpful. The parking area is huge.

Our room was comfortable and clean. We had room service and the food was great. Hot food was kept hot. Ther wasn’t any construction noise over the weekend we were there. Staff were helpful with directions.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Ideally located at Broad Beach, love the idea of a great...
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Ideally located at Broad Beach, love the idea of a great night of entertainment with excellent dining and don't have to travel for good night sleep. Great staff all were very helpful and will to offer assistance when needed.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Really nice evening with my lovely wife.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Really nice stay fir our 10 year anniversary-- with a bottle of cold bubbles waiting for us upon arrival. Comfy beds and lovely bathroom. Will highly recommend.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Partners birthday celebration
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

Room service breakfast was very average for the price.

Absolutely loved the sparkling wine provided for my partners birthday and the late check out. Lovely room. Great pool and spa area! Also located to our favourite bar, the Roosevelt Lounge!

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

engagement proposal
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

we were so happy with our stay, it was an engagement proposal and so they bought up to a room a bottle of bubbles to celebrate , such a nice touch. would recommend to friends and family, we had drinks in the garden bar with family at night too

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Great stay

Room was not ready on arrival at 2pm

Balcony room was great, plenty of space and loved the fact there was a coffee machine. Guest facilities good and great bars and restaurants in the casino

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Amazing
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

A different entry point for party goers when dining at the garden restaurant of an evening

Great selection of food at the buffet, fresh and healthy options available. Nothing was to difficult

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Very enjoyable as met up with a lot of friends for a show, meal etc. and facilities were good.
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

It was a booking.com no prepayment needed booking but they charged to the card I used to secure the booking either the day before or two days before we arrived. It does say in their booking conditions that they can do that but I think it would be less confusing if they just listed as prepayment on booking.com and not no prepayment needed as I wanted to pay with cash when I left as it was my last day in Australia and wanted to use my cash.

Great location. Being in the Casino there were plenty of bars & restaurants to choose from and the venue for show that we were there to see. Rooms were nice and the beds very comfortable with a wonderful view especially from high up on the 18th floor where we were.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Great hotel 10/10
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

That we didn’t stay longer We just didn’t want to go

Everything l was there for a concert It had everything at the property Casino, restaurants & more The staff are so friendly, willing to help all the time when we got there we didn’t need to worry about our bags as they were taken to our room the room we didn’t have a view but the rooms were very clean, big, the beds were like sleeping on a cloud anyway it’s a great hotel l will definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Top shelf accommodation with great casino and bar
    • Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The only thing I can fault was the parking was a little hectic but in the future arriving a little bit earlier would alleviate issue.

Really enjoyed the comfort level of the room & the accessibility to restaurants + casino was so convenient.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

The Star is a Star
    • Superior Deluxe King Room

A bath or spa bath would have been perfect

The Room size was large and made it more comfortable the Buffet breakfast was Awesome. All Staff were so friendly.

Browse The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast Traveler Photo Gallery