2. Israel hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of National Hotel - Jerusalem

Reviews of National Hotel - Jerusalem

A Zahra Street 4, Jerusalem, 97200, Israel

#44 of 109 hotels in Jerusalem

Read more– opens a dialog box

ok for 1-2 nights
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a bit old, the smell of aroma meditation sticks when you enter the room was disappointing.

Location is good, 10min from city center breakfast is amazing, super tasty

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Property is allocated in the city center of jerusalem...

Property is allocated in the city center of jerusalem therefore you would not have to worry about transportation to get from one place to another. Clean neighbourhood where everyone was super friendly whenever we inquired about something. Rooms are spacious and clean. Service was exceptional from a-z! Manager Laith was super friendly to us as he was always around and ready to help all his guests. We have used both of there restaurants and the food was super delicious and acceptable prices comparing to any other restaurant in jerusalem. We would like to thank everyone that made our stay that precious. We will definitely be back with our family!

Amazing.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hospitality at National Hotel Jerusalem was amazing! I just got back from an 11 night stay here. They are at your service 24 hours and will help accommodate your transportation or tours to neighboring cities with pick up and drop off there. It is less than a 10 minute walk to the old city and is very lively at night. The breakfast was delicious and filled with a variety of traditional meats, cheeses, breads, cereal, juices, coffee, fruits and vegetables. I enjoyed the food very much each morning. They also have an airport shuttle they can help arrange for you. The people at the front desk will always be readily available and are so kind when answering questions. The rooms are spacious, have a refrigerator and television. Room service was great as well. I recommend everyone to come to this hotel.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

The hotel is near the Old City, 10min to walk to the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is near the Old City, 10min to walk to the Damascus Gate. We had a quiet room with a balcony. The neighborhood is OK, nothing special or dangerous.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

10/10

Staff was exceptional and welcoming! The hotel is allocated in the city center of Jerusalem. Breakfast was 10/10 traditional food was available as well. We will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Good location, 5 min walk to the old city, good value for...
    • Double or Twin Room

Average breakfast and dinner (nothing special), receptionists (some very kind and helpful, some very rude).

Good location, 5 min walk to the old city, good value for money if you have low expectations.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

The staff is super helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

We didn't get much sleep as the pigeons sitting on the window panes are really loud since 5:30 am and I sleep very well in general.

The staff is super helpful. The hotel is very nice and comfy, breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

I would avoid staying at this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location and the rooms are breaking down - curtains fell off the rail, the AC did not work in the room, the toilet was leaking, the bed was sagging!!! They were unable to fix these things. We were out all day so we just sucked it up, but I would not stay here - it was a last choice for us as all was booked in Jerusalem, and I understand now why there was availability here and not anywhere else! The ice cream in the ice cream shop was old. This hotel needs a major renovation/update.

We did not like much other than the staff were fairly nice and helpful (they could smile more though) and the breakfast was decent. I did not like the location of the hotel at all - there is not much happening around the hotel in the evenings.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Great Experience!!

Shared balcony/patio

Location with the old City in view, rooftop views are excellent. Good breakfast and food in general. Clean room, restaurants nearby, nice, good feel.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

The breakfast was exellent!
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that room had teapot but didn't have cups, tea or coffee I'm not sure why teapot was included in room if there's nothing else included

The breakfast was exellent!!!

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

We have been very surprised.
    • Double or Twin Room

We have been very surprised. :) In a good way. The guy at the reception was super friendly... maybe we had a luck ;) I don’t know. Rooms are fine :) it’s a not a plaza but but worth it for that money. Breakfast are exceptional :)) WiFi works perfectly. Balcony with a table and chairs was also a nice surprise :) It is like 8 minutes walking To the old city gate. You can leave your luggage at the reception for free during the day (also after check out) what is also nice thing :) Cool place !!! 4/5

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Thank you all for this precious days I have spent at the...

Thank you all for this precious days I have spent at the hotel! During check in and check out I have felt like this will be my home in Jerusalem!!! Everything was just like I have expected, cleaning, rooms, service etc. We have met the Hotel Manger Laith which was really helpful to all at anytime which any conditions. As we have met the hotel owner Sam which was really nice to us. A guy which you will have to meet when you visit this hotel. Will definitely be back to this hotel!!

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

A city of wonders!

Everything was perfect

A city of wonders! When I have first received a welcoming letter by the Hotel Manager Laith it was one of my first impression of the hotel. He have greeted us and welcomed us as a royalty. You could never meet such a wonderful staff lead by this young Manager. We could see him walking around in every spot at the hotel and making sure that everything was perfect!! We have felt like we where staying at a four seasons. A plus to this hotel there location which is allocated city center of Jerusalem. Everything nearby, friendly people etc. Rooms where comfortable and clean. It was our first time and definitely wouldn’t be our last.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Easy to reach by walk
    • Double or Twin Room

When we checked in, they tried to relocate us in another otel that way much worse because of no available room they had. After 15 min discussion, they let us to stay at the hotel that we already booked. Thanks god!!

Easy to reach by walk

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Very good breakfast, variated and fresh.
    • Double or Twin Room

They gave us a room at grounfloor, where was dirty on the hall, not so much light and many things stored on the stairways.

Very good breakfast, variated and fresh. Location close to Lyons Gate and Ghetsimani Gardena.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

The breakfast was amazing!
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were uncomfortable and did not have sheets that stayed on.

The breakfast was amazing! Great buffet with lots of options. The location was great within walking distance to the Garden Tomb and the Old City.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

• Double or Twin Room

When we checked into the Hotel, the Hotel stated that they were overbooked. This was despite the fact that we had confirmed bookings and had paid the price in full. We found this quite disappointing given that we were tired from our long trip. However, the Hotel told us about 2 hours later while we were waiting that they had vacated aroom so we could get the room afterall. When I was waiting in the lobby one morning a lady came down with bed bug bites all over her and complained it was the Hotel's fault. I felt sorry for the poor lady as it looked quite horrific. From my experience though there were no bed bugs in my room and my room was very clean. Perhaps it was a one-off room that was the problem.

The breakfast was pretty good. The location was also quite good as it was about 10 minutes walk to the Damascas Gate and the old city. The Hotel is located in the Arab part of town just outside the old city so it is quite lively and there are lots of places to eat.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

The location suited our needs. Main historical attractions were within waking distant of the Hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

We could with two pillows each not one.

Excellent location, near old city and good transport network to other places of interest. Very good breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Hotel ok, if you are looking for budget level hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel pretend to be luxary (min4 stars) but in practice it is max 2 stars (accourding to european standards). Rooms need refreash (not just simple painting), especially bath need it. Some works are in progress unfortunatly we had older room. Waiter @restaurant should to be a bit more nice to the guests (meaning he was ok, but when we asked for a cafe he serverd it after ten minutes as he had chat with collegues. He gave impresion that that we disturb him).This feeling was not nice. All in all there is a space.for.improvements.

Reception staff very nice and helpful. The young cook (who cooked at breakfest the eggs, was very positive and always smiling). This are the positive I remeberd from this hotel.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Fair price for a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Subground room with parking lot view; corridors and staircases could be cleaner or renovated

Friendliness of reception lady and waiter Khaled at the restaurant; being close to Herod's gate and Rockefeller Museum; breakfast variety; parking facility; renovated rooms; USD 80 room rate seemed a fair price compared to other hotels of our trip

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Comfortable hotel with pleasant, efficient staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room didn't really look like those in the photos but was still clean and comfortable. The one most important thing that I didn't enjoy was that it didn't have a window, which made it feel a little like a cell.

The staff were friendly at the reception. The beds were comfortable and the shower was good. The breakfast was tasty and the staff gave very good service.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

restful, close to the Old City and Damasscus Gate.
    • Double or Twin Room

I cannot think of one thing I did not like about the hotel.

The hospitality of the staff was above expectations. Especially the front desk Nirvina, Very helpful and friendly unusual in Israel. Restraunt was clean great selection and chef. Wonderful views. Very quiet, our concerns were addressed quickly and efficiently, also very unusual in Israel.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

One room wasn’t ready and my elderly mum was moved to...
    • Double or Twin Room

One room wasn’t ready and my elderly mum was moved to another hotel 5mins away on her own; that hotel was not in good condition and this was 10pm at night. We were offered free dinner but this was not acceptable. Our room was big but very drab and dreary looking with the smallest of window in the spare room!! One socket available only. Overall for price not great. Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

My room was not clean and I was stung by some mosquitos...
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was not clean and I was stung by some mosquitos which generated allergy all over my body. When I complained to the manager, they changed my room yet I did not feel their customer care as should be. The money paid was far more than the services provided.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Excellent hotel location in Jerusalem supplied by Compass Travel Israel
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed in this hotel as part of the tour package provided by Compass Travel Israel tours. We booked a tour package for 7 days. Picked up from Ben Gurion and transferred to Jerusalem to 4 nights stay in National Hotel. Excellent hotel, thanks to Compass team for choosing this hotel for us. Location is perfect very close to old city. Staff is amazing. We recommend you book tour package from Compass Travel and request this hotel as a part tour package. Excellent. Thanks to Ruben from Compass for all the assistance putting all itinerary together.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

A very nice hotel with friendly staff near the Damascus gate.
    • Double or Twin Room

The dining room on the ground floor, where they serve the buffet, which was included in our rate, had no ambiance. The restaurant, where we had breakfast, on the fourth floor had a nice view.

The location, near the Damascus gate. The room and bed were very big and comfortable. The breakfast and dinner were fantastic. The staff very friendly. We recommend this hotel, very good rate. The hotel has it's own parking so it is easy tot park your car. The staff will help you to park your car.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Could be much better if they improved the hotel and had better cleaning.
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness and condition. Room needed to be better cleaned (hairs in bathroom and in the bed linen) and hotel needs to have a refurbishment. Shower was not in a good condition.

Best in Jeruslem

Can’t fault it

Everything from check in to check out, very clean and very close to the old city. The breakfast was awesome with some great staff in the restaurant.

Comfortable and clean

It is very close to Al Aqsa Mosque and the old city, plenty of food paces around the area and an outstanding restaurant on the 4thfloor. The owner of the property mr Nasir is a real gentleman, you must meet him if you stay at this hotel. I had met him once in my duration of stay and found him to be a very upright individual.

The best in Jerusalem

The time for breakfast needs to extended for one more hour maybe.

Very clean and professional staff, we arrived at 10PM and the check in process was so smooth and quick, Night manager was so helpful and welcoming. House keeping staff were so helpful and dutiful

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

I fully enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

I fully enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The structure and style is lovely, well maintained, perfectly located, and the staff is great (particularly Mohamed at the front desk, who embodies 100% what I have experienced being the "Palestinian hospitality"). Thank you for making my stay so special.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

we were given room #301 which is directly under the hotel...
    • Double or Twin Room

room under the hotel kitchen from colmingg from there

we were given room #301 which is directly under the hotel kitchen.lots of noises coming from above other than that is wa s very enjoyable

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Did not like this hotel at all cleanliness wasnt good

Not very clean

The breakfast average, the mezze at night good Woken upevery night, as we were on the third floor, restaurant on 4th & got awoken at 3 or4 in themorning from moving furniture around & banging of firniture.terrible

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

My stay was very pleasant. I would do it again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were a little low for my taste but the room was comfortable and clean.

Good location for tourist attraction. Friendly people. The best hummus and falafels I have ever eaten. I enjoyed my stay. The restaurant staff and front desk staff were all above average. Everyone is working hard to please the guest. You will not be sorry/

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

It was an amazing week, full of lovely people, helpful, genuine, friendly. They all wanted visitors
    • Double or Twin Room

We would have appreciated tea and coffee facilities in the room. (We Brits miss our cups of tea and coffee!!!!) I also would have appreciated some information on how to get the green card to allow us to travel on trams and buses. That would have been helpful. And also bus numbers to get us to places of interest. A few maps would have been helpful, even to purchase. Some information on places of interest would be good for most people. Other than these minor details, we had no complaints at all. Atta even managed to get me to drink mint tea, first thing in the morning !!!! Now I would have said that would have been impossible. They were great, one and all. Thank you.

The staff were extremely helpful,nothing too much trouble for them. Hotel was easy to find, central for getting around the centre of Jerusalem. Handy for walking around the old city, trams, or buses, taxis were plentiful and reasonably cheap. Hotel itself was clean, comfortable, good food. The owner Sam was always around, and available to deal with any queries instantly, as was his son Laith. It seemed a little uncomfortable initially, however we very quickly got used to our bearings and felt very safe, everyone was very friendly and helpful. We had a brilliant week, and would love to go back, and yes we would stay at same hotel. No problems.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Everything was ok.

Everything was ok. Nice room and good choice of breakfast. 10-15 mins walk from old city walls of Jerusalem. In the area where hotel is located mostly Muslim people live. I found the area safe and friendly.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were basic and shower/bathroom needed attention overhead shower not working and drain kept overflowing. Be lovely if we had some tea, coffee, and cups in room. A map of area on wall to tourists would be helpful as well as a leaflet with local places to eat.

Excellent value for money. The staff were special. Kaled and Atta were always there with a smile and professional at all times. Go the extra mile!!! Management excellent and restaurant / food was very good. Good location close to Jerusalem.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

It's my second and still the same!
    • Double or Twin Room

It's my second and still the same! A great hotel with a perfect location to discover Jerusalem The breakfast was pretty good, so many choices, I enjoyed it. Nothing bad to say about this hotel; good value for money

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Very nice people, good room and good breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

The furniture is a little old, but the place is clean and comfortable

Very nice people, good room and good breakfast. The place is close to the old city so you can walk to it

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

The rooms were not clean at all.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were not clean at all. Very dirty and not maintained. On the other hand, food was excellent and stuff was very friendly. Location was not that nice and we did not feel nice/safe walking in that area.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Excellent location in the Muslim Quarter close to Herods...

Nothing. Free car parking too with minimal inconvenience in parking due to juggling about with limited spaces.

Excellent location in the Muslim Quarter close to Herods gate of the old city. 5 mins walk to Herods gate and another 7-8 mins to Temple Mount and Al Aqsa. Lovely and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast with a variety of options on offer. Liked the freshly cooked omelette and boiled eggs too.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Very nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Some plugs in the bedroom didn’t work well and there were’t any next to the bed.

Very nice and comfy. Big clean room and bathroom and great breakfast with lots of choices.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Clean, friendly staff, great service, will be well looked...
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have preferred a double bed rather than two singles joint together

Clean, friendly staff, great service, will be well looked after, good location too

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

For me this is the Perfect place to stay.

Perhaps somethings could be done to improve your visit, personally I don't know what as my visit was perfect.

Friendly staff good clean room and a great dining experience. If you order the Meze for 2 in the dining room it's amazing, a lot of attention is paid to the variety of foods. It was superb.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

• Double or Twin Room

Great location. Close to everything.The Old City, pharmacy, atm, restaurants and bus. Great customer service at the front desk. Awesome breakfast. We walked to all the points of interests from this Hotel. clean nice and simple room.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Awesome staff! Receptionist named Nirvana is a superstar!
    • Double or Twin Room

The night I arrived, they were overbooked, so they had me stay in a nearby (5 star) hotel. It was comfortable and everyone was very accommodating, however, this was a tad inconvenient as I had to pack the next morning to move back to the hotel.

The breakfast is amazing! I also recommend having dinner there... their Palestinian and Lebanese food is to die for, and very well priced! The receptionist named Nirvana is incredible... very knowledgeable and friendly. On our last day (it was Sabbath), there were no busses to the airport, so she recommended we take a taxi with two other guests to save money! She's wonderful!

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

The national is a great place to live during your stay in Jerusalem

Liked everything about the staff and the facilities. I would highly recommend to travellers as a must stop off place for visiting Jerusalem.

The staff are excellent there knowledge was fantastic

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Be aware of the parking staff- smoking inside our car! Otherwise ok place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Please be aware of the parking staff. We left our car there and on the return found guys sitting in our car Smoking cigarettes and playing with our car. We felt it was really inappropriate. The manager promised to wash the car inside but because we were leaving early it didn’t happen. No other compensation was offered. Disappointed.

Great spacious room. Close to the old town.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Welcoming, friendly, clean, very comfortable and very well located.

Nothing could have been better, unless one wanted a swimming pool

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be of help. The location is excellent for the Old City and East Jerusalem and the hotel has everything one could need. It is so welcoming, and so comfortavle.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

An amazing trip that we'd like to repeat one day, at this same hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast and its service were amazing! We also had dinner in the restaurant one night, the food was delicious. Location was great, a 5 min walk to the Old City and with plenty of shops in the area. The rooms were convenient, I was glad the AC was working to cool off whenever we got back to the hotel. Overall service was on point.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Great location, quiet, unbeatable price. A safe bet in Jerusalem

A bit of updating of AC maybe. I have a hard time finding anything else

Friendly and extremely helpful staff, great location for visiting the old city, unbeatable price, good breakfast. Not luxurious finishes, but at this price you can't ask for more. Room was quiet and comfortable. Everyone I interacted with went all the way out to help me. Will certainly be my first choice when I go back

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Fantastic stay!

Quite a walk from the mosque if going to and fro for each prayer. Hotel had also overbooked on the first night we arrived.

Staff were extremely accomodating and friendly. Customer service was impeccable. Rooms were cleaned thoroughly and breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Staff was nice, lobby looked good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was not as advertized -peeling paint, no decor, non-functional shower head, plain twin beds. Not a chance this place should be rated 8.2 on Booking.com.

Staff was nice, lobby looked good.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

National Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds are very hard/extra firm.

Location is excellent and walking distance to old Jerusalem and Garden Tomb. Property is safe, clean and inviting.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Lovely East Jerusalem hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t realize the hotel was in East Jerusalem and so was surprised it was in the Arab section of the city. That was not a bad thing as the neighborhood was great and we had wonderful Shwarma from a small place across the street.

The hotel was wonderful. The staff were kind, cheerful and very helpful. Our room was quiet and very comfortable. The hotel is close to The Old City as well as Gethsemene. The morning breakfast was great and very fresh. It was included in the very reasonable price of the room. There was also reasonably priced parking behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Breakfast .

The first room can't receive WIFI . and I wait for 40mins to change to another one located G floor .2nd one the air-conditioning was not working. So I have to change to a 3rd one also located at G floor . People outside woke me up at 06:30AM . There's only on sheet laying on the bed, when I was sleeping ,turning over .The sheet fell on the ground . because then didn't tuck it under the bed . Just laying it on the bed , apparently the sheet won't stay.

Breakfast . Location

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Like the stuff is very friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The gym was a bit out of order

Like the stuff is very friendly. The place is clean nice and near to the old City. It's just perfect to stay their. And you have many local store to buy some snacks. The restaurant on the 4 floor is also amazing very good food.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Good value for money

Coffee served at breakfast

Location, close to Damascus Gate and good quality/price ratio when with Genius reductions. Good for visits to the Old City and Mount of Olives

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Very Pleasant and Friendly

There was a kettle in the room with no cups, so had to keep asking for cups from the cafe downstairs. The lighting in our room in particular wasnt brilliant, but it didnt bother us as we spent most of our time outside. The walk to the mosque was 10-15 minutes, some people may feel its too long if you're travelling in large groups, with elderly people, but for a young group of lads its perfect as you get to walk through the old city and get to see the busy streets

The staff were amazing, we checked in at like 2am and the guy at the desk made it quick and easy for us. There were no issues in asking for an extra bed. The cleaning staff were excellent and would come on request to clean our rooms. Breakfast was reasonable, decent range of food with pleasant views from the top floor. Wifi was very good in our room and the hallway outside. Decent food shops nearby. Hopefully will be returning soon.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the services ! Thank you National!
    • Double or Twin Room

I am very satisfied with all of the services offered by this hotel.

This hotel is located just a stones throw from the the Old City of Jerusalem and within walking distance to many of the religious sites. I was able to park my car and walk to many of the sites. It is near to shopping, transportation and restaurants. The front desk service was excellent. Narvana, at the front desk was of great help in providing valuable information to us. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of food items. The room was spacious, clean and equipped with all necessities.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

very convenient
    • Double or Twin Room

we stayed for the night, the receptionist were very good, the rooms were really good, it is in the middle of downtown "Salah Al Deen street" all the shops around, 10 minutes walking distance, and the breakfast is very good.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

If you are a budget traveler, this is your hotel. If you can afford to pay more, go to a better one.

cheap hotel, don't expect too much. Breakfast ingredients aren't high quality, this is according to the low price they charge for the room. Room is very basic

price

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Good Hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was kind of little, and the cleaning can be improved

I like all the staff! Very gentle, very kind and humble people, always smiling. The breakfast was very good, I enjoyed it a lot.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

A clean and comfortable hotel but room was very small and breakfast was quite disappointing.

I was given a small room on the lower ground floor. Outside the window was an alleyway which was noisy. The breakfast was disappointing, little choice and not overly nice food.

The hotel was clean and comfortable enough but nothing spectacular.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Wonderful staff!

The receptionist allowed us to check in early, which we did not expect! She gave us helpful directions to sites we hoped to see nearby and even good instructions for riding the local bus. All of the staff in the restaurant were kind and helpful. Breakfast was delicious with a good variety and nice dining area! I met one of the owners and he greeted us several times throughout our stay. I hope more people choose to stay here! We loved it. Very close to the Old City, Garden Tomb and bus station.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Good hotel , nice breakfastbuffet, staff welcoming
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is not so nice, outside is dirty, at departure we asked for taxi, taxi came and should take us to an adres 18 min far from this hotel, instead the taxiguy drove for more than an hour , following gps, should cost 50-60 shekel , costed me 200. I was not in mood to discuss. I payed but i did feel cheated big time, so if you need a taxi from Hotel National dear people, check the price first.

Good hotel , nice breakfastbuffet, staff welcoming

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

My given experience was 100% authentic and ever so real with genuine memories to rekindle

there wasn't a 24/7 microwave available for the consumer. I had plenty of delicious food left-overs from various restaurant in Jerusalem. with so much to see with little time. I really need a microwave to warm back the Delicious flavors of Jerusalem!

The Hospitality and accommodations given by National Hotel were just right for my exquisite experience in Jerusalem

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Mostly very positive.

The TV in my room had a very poor picture and limited choice of channels. I asked for it to be repaired and it wasn't. There was no plug in the sink in the bathroom ( for cultural reasons? ). The location was in the Arab quarter where street signage was poor and this made the hotel difficult to find initially.

The breakfast was very good. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

This is hotel im the moslem part of Jerusalem, very closed...
    • Double or Twin Room

The area around the hotel is typical for the moslems and it is dirty. You feal as if you are in Cairo... But in this way you can familiarize with the culture of jews, moslems and christans.

This is hotel im the moslem part of Jerusalem, very closed to the old sity as well as to the jewish comercial center. The hotel has parking which is very good option if you rent a car. The room was clean, but the corridors were not so clean. The staff is very helpful. In the area is not possible to order or to buy alcohol and beer, but you can find in the jewish part which is very close to the hotel. The hotel is good choice as a starting point for discovering of the old town and central shoping area of Jerusalem. Around it there is a very good organized public transport not only for the distination in Jerusalem, but olso to the different points out side the city

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Nice time
    • Double or Twin Room

In the evening/ at night I don't think it is safe area. We were scared of wandering around there.

Beautiful and clean hotel and room. Nice personel. Breakfast was good. Close to the Old City. The hotel was a place where we could feel safe.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Convenient location, on the border of the old city.
    • Double or Twin Room

room fit out need to be refreshed

Convenient location, on the border of the old city. Very nice staff. Breakfast indeed was tasty. Very good price/quality ratio.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Very pleasant, easy acces to important landmarks, good food
    • Double or Twin Room

No mini-bar in room No cover on the tiles you step on and no sleepers from the house Room door doesn't close very well (light enters from the hall under the door during the night)

Very close to central town Ierusalim (ancient city) Good breakfast Suficiently spacious room Ok facilities (hair dryier, seif, refrigerator, extra pillow...)

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Good after room switch

First room had been cleaned with chemicals and when I asked, said it was standard every third day. After 1 night in the room, I had to ask to be switched since the smell was still horrendous (even with windows open and AC full blast) and causing issues (sore throat, breathing difficulties) . The room also had boards that seemed to be pulled off, wall mounts that were broken, etc. Hotel gladly switched me and made sure there was no such issue in the other room. So, thank you to them. So, if you have the same issue, just notify them immediately. The hotel map of old Jerusalem was terrible (get another one) and less advice given than most places on what to see. Only canned fruit offered at breakfast.

The 4th floor restaurant area with a decently nice breakfast buffet. Good location. Very close to old Jerusalem . Nice staff. The hotel switched rooms with no issue.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Could be better
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is located close to the Old Jerusalem, however in the Arab’s quarter and not clean and I did not feel safe either. In the hotel there was no Israeli TV chanel or any other to watch Russia 2018 matches. In the nearby coffeshops women were not welocome to join watching the game. We had to watch on ipad using Israeli TV.

Very nice staff at reception desk, Nirvana is great!

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Everything exceeded expectations.
    • Double or Twin Room

The dinner service was phenomenal, although the hotel may have gone above and beyond for Ramadan, which was taking place for the entire duration of our stay. Breakfast was fantastic as well. The room was spacious, with a large television, clean and spacious bathroom, good internet, and plenty of furniture. The customer service was terrific as well. The front desk employee was able to fulfill our request to have a few documents printed, the waiters and restaurant host were pleasant, and our hotel-affiliated personal tour guide was very knowledgeable and personable. To top it all off, the location was right in the heart of Jerusalem, just a 5 minute walk away from the old city.

Browse National Hotel - Jerusalem Traveler Photo Gallery