Reviews of Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Amsterdamseweg 505, 6816 VK Arnhem, Netherlands

#9 of 16 hotels in Arnhem

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Fantastic location, great food and not overpriced,
    • Comfort Triple Room

Not really the hotels fault but the weather was very warm and as such the hotel rooms were too warm for a comfortable nights sleep even with the balcony door open all night. With the rooms not having air conditioning, perhaps a fan could be supplied to each room?

Fantastic bathroom and cleanliness!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Hotel was in good location and the room was lovely, very...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Nothing to dislike, it was brilliant, lovely room and great service

Hotel was in good location and the room was lovely, very modern. Breakfast was great too

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The room had enough space.
    • Comfort Twin Room

My room was next to a door that was not the main entrance but was used already early in the morning and kept me awake. Beside that the building was also under construction which caused a lot of noice in the early morning. Breakfast was average.

The room had enough space. The bathroom was good although the shower was really small. Staff at the reception and restaurant were friendly.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Proximity to Hoge Veluwe and the wonderful Kroller Muller...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. Have stayed here many times.

Proximity to Hoge Veluwe and the wonderful Kroller Muller museum. Reasonable distance from ferry ports. Just leave extra time though as the traffic up to Europoort is often bad.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Good place to stay when visiting Arnhem and local area.
    • Comfort Twin Room

This is a bigger hotel. Many business and industrial clients. Hotel was in good repair and very clean. Good restaurant with a good menu. Stayed here when visiting the Arnhem battlefield and museums. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Property was well located
    • Comfort Twin Room

The bar staff were very unhelpful Because I did not have the correct change they withheld 1euro 20as I had not bought back my previous glass Just could not be bothered to get some

Property was well located Rooms very nice Full bath Beds comfortable Food was excellent

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Unexpectedly more than I paid for.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Couldn’t connect to the Internet with my computer and had to work off my phone.

The property is very large and rooms were commodious and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Liked the little terrace off our room. The restaurant downstairs served excellent food in a lovely setting.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Perfect location close to motorways to the North south East or west
    • Comfort Twin Room

This is my to go to place for when i need to be in the Arnhem area. In many occasions i also stayed here when i had to be in Arnhem itself. Its perfectly located for the business traveler.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

It was our first stay at a Van der Valk hotel and it me our expectations. We would stay again.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Broken lift - but we understood that such things happen from time to time.

Excellent breakfast. Helpful staff who gladly helped getting our bags to our room due to the lift not operating.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Two people in room and toiletries are not sufficient.
    • Twin Room - Disability Access

Two people in room and toiletries are not sufficient. Very basic. Stayed in vandervalk oostkamp which I experienced twice as good. Unfortunately wouldn't stay again in this one

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Dog friendly hotel!
    • Comfort Twin Room

Dog friendly hotel!!! We needed shelter away from New Year's eve fireworks with our dogs and it was perfect quiet hotel. Full of doggies that night, clearly people know about it! Modern & clean facilities, close to national park, would return!

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Comfortable
    • Comfort Twin Room

Some water in the rooms would be nice. Nothing to do around the area.

I've been here multiple times and the stay never dissapoints, always very comfortable. Nice food in restaurant and nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Ideal hotel for visiting Kroller Muller Museum
    • Comfort Twin Room

I found service at dinner very slow.

Breakfast was excellent - great choice of hot and cold food and a selection of freshly baked bread and pastries. Dinner was also excellent.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

This hotel I will never stay again !
    • Comfort Twin Room

The dirty old room ! There are better hotels in the near ! The food was also not good and the glasses were also dirty ! Very old hotel, the room was very dirty ! There was candy under the bed ! Old bed - absolutely not comfortable !!

Only the parking near the hotel the rest was very bad !

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

Really impresed, would return again and have already recomended it to friends.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The cost of meals in the hotel were expensive compared to eating out in the local area.

Entire experience was great. We did not eat in the hotel because we went out. It was modern, clean, very tasteful, friendly, helpful, can't fault anything. British hoteliers would benefit from a visit

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Top quality place, top quality staff, top quality room, what's not to like?
    • Comfort Twin Room

I didn't have a car with me so the location meant lots of expensive taxi rides, but that's not really a criticism as it's a great place to stay.

The staff were all lovely and very very helpful. The breakfast was superb with a good choice and plenty of it.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Comfortable stay
    • Comfort Twin Room

Everything was excellent, but I expected a bit more from a Van Der Vark.

This hotel is not as good as the other Van Der Vark in eindhoven but I still had nice and comfortable stay. Really comfortable bed and a good sized room. Breakfast was great. Restaurant dinner also very good with not over the top prices.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

I have stayed here annually for the past 14 years,. as its a first class hotel in an ideal location
    • Comfort Twin Room

The scrabbled eggs at breakfast leave much to be desired, having been cooked far to long and laid out too early in the morning ! More of a building compound sad to say !

A first class hotel with good management and confident staff ans an ideal location for groups , from which to explore the area.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

The hotel is located close to the highway, and has lots of...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel is located close to the highway, and has lots of parking spots. Excellent food in the restaurant and tremendous beers. Absolutely a great place to stay if you like to hike or go biking. Great environment

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

We're sure of a good stay here.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Everything was fine and we'd stay there again.

This hotel is very convenient for a stopover when we are en route to or from the Hook of Holland, but we like it anyway as it has pleasant rooms and a good breakfast. We had a comfort room, with two chairs and a table and also a kettle.....very welcome! The weather didn't allow us to use the balcony! At breakfast you can have freshly squeezed orange juice and all the other usual treats.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

When in this part of the Netherlands make this your hub !
    • Comfort Twin Room

No matter how much I wreck my brain, I can't think of anything.

We stayed one overnight at this hotel. We were planning a visit to the National Park of the "Veluwe" and the "Kröller-Müller" museum the day after our stay. The hotel's location lends itself superbly well as a hub from where to reconnoiter the fabulous surrounding area of natural (and cultural) beauty. Upon arrival we were surprised with an upgrade for one of the two rooms that we had booked. I handed the key to the Comfort De Luxe Hotel Room to my parents and we took the ordinary Comfort Hotel Room. Both rooms were however utterly comfortable. The De Luxe type was more spacious and had air conditioning which - however - we didn't need during our visit late April. Our standard room was smaller but just as pleasant with loads of light and tasteful decoration. The bathrooms in both rooms were spic and span and came with all the regular amenities you would expect from this type of hotel. Both rooms had an outdoor terrace. The Deluxe room faced away from the relatively busy road in front of the hotel. The bar downstairs from the lobby is very cozy and inviting. After a drink there we moved into the restaurant where we enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The options à la carte are diverse and numerous. Tables came equipped with nicely starched white table linnen. General feel of the restaurant was ' relaxed business casual'. The dishes were all very well presented with an eye for esthetics. More importantly they were elegant and refined in taste. The bill was surprisingly reasonable for the level offered. The next morning we had breakfast in the same area as where dinner is served. Breakfast was more than satisfactory with all the dishes you would expect from a good hotel. I should still mention that the hotel interior is very luminous thanks to the large windows making it extremely pleasant to spend time in the public spaces.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

Nice size of the room, quiet and clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I have booked a room with a balcony, but my room is in the basement level, so I could not see anythink other than a "slope" as the ground is above me!

Nice size of the room, quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2017

Good hotel, good restaurant, well-located.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Well-located a few minutes off the A12 / E35 motorway. Friendly staff. Good restaurant with some interesting culinary ideas as well as conventional dishes. Nice atmosphere all day. Clean and well-presented rooms.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

Great weekend in Arnhem
    • Comfort Triple Room

Location was further out of town than I had imagined, but there is a regular bus service.

Very clean comfortable rooms, and the staff were all very helpful and attentive.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

Stolen luggage
    • Comfort Twin Room

We left a suite-case in front of the hotel entrance and it was stolen! The staff told us that they hotel did not have cameras in front of the hotel (!!!) which was unbelievable. Also we suspect that our suite-case was taken by someone from the hotel staff who knew that there were no cameras. The hotel location is quite isolated and you can reach it only by a car. We doubt that a guest of the hotel would not bring the lonely case to the reception. Police could not find anything. Very bad experience which spoiled our stay completely.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2016

Pleasant stay.
    • Comfort Triple Room

One of waiter did not book a table for 3 of us even though we were requested earlier so we were sitting at the other table which was prepered for two people. After a 30 min of waiting, I had to ask another waiter to bring me a napkins and the cutlery.

Comfortable beds and bathroom. Food like at Masterchef :)

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Just ok.
    • Comfort Twin Room

For a 4 star hotel i usualy get a mini bar, Only plastic and paper cups. Very bad lights and a balcony door which did not lock !!

Location. Lobby service, parking bed.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Very friendly hotel .
    • Comfort Twin Room

We were put on floor two which was fine going up in the lift, but you then needed to go back down about 8 stairs to get to your room ! very strange .

Breakfast was brilliant, bed was very comfortable. Staff in all parts of the hotel were helpful . will definitely be back .

• Reviewed: October 16, 2016

Good if you want a relaxing time because it is faraway from the rest of the humanity
    • Comfort Twin Room

It is in the middle of nowhere, so you have to take a taxi or wait for the bus (line 10 or 105) if you want to visit Arnhem. It is good if you are looking for a relaxing place to practice sports (it is the most promising sport research center in Netherlands).

Good variety in the breakfast and polite staff. Very close to the Food Vaelly Expo.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2016

I have used the Hotel annulally as a base for my battlefield tours of Armhem.A first class location
    • Comfort Twin Room

The scrambled egg each morning was tasteless, solid and quite disgusting .

All the receptionists were most helpful at any time of the day. Informative and a joy to deal with.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2016

Overall felt very at home and comfortable.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I did not feel 'welcomed' when I first arrived following a thirteen hour journey overland from England. Was left to find my room which was confusing. Card did not work. Was not offered a drink or told where the bar was. I was told there was a bus but not that it was a ten minute walk, I waited for it outside. I was not keen on the coffee,would have liked a caffetiere.

I slept better than in years, felt very at home. Really like the energy in Arnhem and Dutch people generally. Breakfast was a feast. Best gin and tonic ever

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

The staff catered for the Scottish touch rugby team and were...
    • Deluxe Double Room

No mini bar, need some extra food supplies to buy, vending machine as we didn't have a car

The staff catered for the Scottish touch rugby team and were excellent! Nothing was a problem Breakfast was good value

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

We were twice brought the wrong main course at dinner and...
    • Twin Room - Disability Access

We were twice brought the wrong main course at dinner and the final bill was incorrect. We had been charged for meals that we had not ordered. This was corrected when I pointed it out - the discrepancy was around 60 euros. Otherwise all was fine.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

We arrived soaked, after a full day riding in the rain, to a...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lengthy walk to room & limited lift arrangements. Steep stairs down to rest rooms on LG floor.

We arrived soaked, after a full day riding in the rain, to a warm welcome. Plenty of outdoor parking. Pleasant atmosphere in restaurant

• Reviewed: August 11, 2016

Size of the room.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Steak very under cooked - shared this with waiter. Poor choice of vegetables. No plug in bathroom. Disliked the horns on lamps in room 408. Forgot to mention that one bulb was broken but still gave off a light.

Size of the room.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2016

Very pleasant Hotel..
    • Comfort Twin Room

I had asked for twin beds but this had been forgotten during the upgrade so we had to make our own beds.

The young lady on reception was extremely courteous and helpful also the upgraded room was very nice.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2016

Comfortable overnight stay in a peaceful area.
    • Twin Room - Disability Access

Evening meal service was a little slow.

Breakfasts were wonderful - freshly squeezed orange juice, sparkling wine, smoked salmon, cold meats and hot dishes.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Van der Valk always comes through and I will book with them again.
    • Twin Room - Disability Access

Need a couple of news stations on the TV.

Van der Valk hotels, at least the ones I know, never fail to please.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Nice location outside the city.
    • Deluxe Double Room

If you want to see the city then a drive is needed.

Nice location outside the city. Good food Staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Very close to the Veluwe

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Great view of forest outside the window
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bathroom is not very clean. I found hair on the wall of the shower corner

Great view of forest outside the window

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Surprisingly good value for money very top end for the price

Nothing all good

Room was massive. restaurant very well presented food and reasonable price for the quality.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Good room, pleasant stay.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Good room, pleasant stay. Friendly reception. Also no problem when I returned rather late in the evening.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

excellent
    • Comfort Twin Room

uncomplicated, good and experienced service

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Nice hotel shame about the staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff were a little pushy

The room was lovely

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Was Ok
    • Deluxe Double Room

No valet service to pick up bags from car

Easy parking outside room

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Bed was really comfortable.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bed was really comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Plastic flowers, why not real ones

Really clean place, I love it

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

good breakfast.

good breakfast. spacious room

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Very good position for Arnhem, good staff with warm welcome, I will definitely use Van see Valk hote

Staff

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

The entire atmosphere was wonderful.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The entire atmosphere was wonderful. No complaints.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Alles was top

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Great experience!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very clean, great staff, really nice room

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Van der Valk hotel Arnhem
    • Twin Room - Disability Access

A very nice, clean hotel. Staff were excellent

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Staff, facilities and comfort of rooms

Staff, facilities and comfort of rooms

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Satisfied with our stay

no comment

typical hotel to spend one night in.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

Nice atmosphere and a handy location.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We liked everything about the hotel.

The food and staff were exceptional. A lovely place to stay over and I would highly recommend to others.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2017

bediening in restaurant was traag door drukte

bediening in restaurant was traag door drukte

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Highly recommended
    • Comfort Twin Room

A bit slow service in the Bar particularly.

Great location, quiet yet all the facilities too

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

Good Easter brunch

Bad tempered waitress.

Good Easter brunch

• Reviewed: March 10, 2017

All was good!

First entrance

All was good! Really liked it!

• Reviewed: February 26, 2017

Would love to visit again
    • Comfort Twin Room

Spacious room . Very very clean . Excellent restaurant . Very pleasant staff .

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Quality time
    • Comfort Twin Room

The shared balcony in the rooms

The breakfast was perfect 👌

• Reviewed: January 25, 2017

Excellent getaway
    • Glamour Loft

Air conditioning in room made air very dry.

Good breakfast. In room spa bath excellent.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2016

PERSONEL

• Reviewed: November 6, 2016

Great location n nice room
    • Deluxe Double Room

No minibar and the manager of the restaurant does not fit for a nice diner - no real interest in making yr diner a pkeasure

Great location n nice room

• Reviewed: October 31, 2016

Restaurant, service

Restaurant, service

• Reviewed: October 22, 2016

A high quliaty experience.
    • Deluxe Double Room

TV set in the gym - nice to have.

Friendly staff. Very good service. Very goof breakfast. Very good internet access.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2016

Shower did not work
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower did not work Very dark room

Browse Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem Traveler Photo Gallery