You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Morar Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Established in 1902 The Morar Hotel is a family run hotel in the highlands in North West Scotland, 3 miles from Mallaig, the Southern gateway to the Isle of Skye. The hotel also boasts scenic views of the Silver Sands of Morar and the Inner Hebridean islands of Rum & Eigg.
Rooms at the Morar all feature an en suite bathroom with a bath and a hairdyer, as well as a TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
It is only three miles from Mallaig, which offers ferries to the Isle of Skye. The western edge of Loch Morar is less than a mile away and Morar Rail Station is less than a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
Camusdarach Beach9.2 Superb beach1.1 miles from property
- can i get a bus from mallaig to the hotel?Yes of course you can. The bus times are all available online for reference.Answered on 6 November 2019
- How can I get to the closest beach from the property?From the hotel, there is a path you need to follow for about 10 minutes and then you will reach the beach. Just ask any of our staff and they will be ..Answered on 6 November 2019
- Is there a shuttle available to get to the closest beach nearby? What are the other transportation options?We can arrange a taxi if needed however the beach is only 10 minutes away on foot.Answered on 6 November 2019
- Do uhave disabled ro on the ground floorWe do not have any rooms on the ground floor.Answered on 8 January 2020
- How much is breakfast per person to buy in addition to room cost? Thanks in anticipation.Hi There, Shiel Buses operates regular bus services around the area. The times vary by season. Click below link to check their latest fares and time ..Answered on 29 December 2021
- Still looking?
The Silver Sands Restaurant
Cuisine: British, Scottish, Seafood, Local, International
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Private check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Invoice provided
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Private entrance
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
15:00 - 23:00
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
The Morar Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The Morar Hotel
The Morar Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The Silver Sands Restaurant
The prices at The Morar Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at The Morar Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The Morar Hotel is 250 yards from the centre of Morar.
The Morar Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
The nearest beach is just 550 yards from The Morar Hotel.
Yes, The Morar Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.
Guests staying at The Morar Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Room options at The Morar Hotel include: