The Swan Hotel
Market Place, Southwold, IP18 6EG, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 715 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
This 4-star hotel is in Southwold town centre, 200 yards from the beach. It offers free parking, two restaurants, a butler service and free WiFi throughout.
The Swan Hotel compliments many of it's original 18th century features. All bedrooms have a Nespresso machine, 40 inch smart TV, a wireless speaker and a mini bar. Some rooms feature Apple TV. All bedrooms in the main building have four poster beds and garden rooms have their own private patios and a view of Southwold Lighthouse. Please note that all garden rooms are separate from the main hotel building, and found at the rear of the property.
The Swan Hotel also accommodates two on-site restaurants, The Still Room and The Tap Room, which showcases Adnams’ beers, brewed less than 50 yards away. Our Brewery is a working business located at the rear of the hotel.
Southwold high street features a range of local independent shops and the hotel is ideally located for exploring the town and surrounding area. The reception team can book tours of Adnams Brewery and Distillery for residents, as well as other local attractions.
Please note group bookings of over 5 rooms will be subject to a special cancellation policy.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
Southwold Pier Beach8.9 Fabulous beach200 yards from property
- Are there any rooms with disabled access and walk in shower please?Good Afternoon, Thank you for your message. We have a fully accessible disabled room In our garden area which has a wet room. Kind Regards, Melanie Re..Answered on 5 November 2019
- We have stayed at The Swan in the past - always extremely enjoyable! Would you be able to confirm that we would have a "room with a view"?, i.e. not ..We cannot guarantee a front facing room, we welcome requests and do our best to accommodate them when possible. If you have specific requirements we r..Answered on 3 January 2020
- do you have rooms where dogs can stayGood morning. yes we have garden rooms that are dog friendly.Answered on 16 January 2023
- Hello interested in booking this room is it one of your garden rooms as we have two small dogsGood evening Yes, this is classed as our Garden room which is dog friendly. We do charge for a dog which is £10.00 per night, and there will be a dog ..Answered on 10 January 2020
- Hello do you allow small well behaved dogs to stay?We do allow dogs stay in our garden rooms, however the main hotel is not dog friendly i'm afraid. Any questions please call us on 01502 722186Answered on 6 July 2021
- Still looking?
The Still Room
The Tap Room
- Outdoor furniture
- Bicycle rental
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Pub crawls
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Street parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- LaundryAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Room service
- Board games/puzzles
- Key access
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
15:00 - 22:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
08:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The Swan Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The Garden Rooms are separate from the main building and are at the rear of the hotel. These rooms are our only dog-friendly rooms. They have a small garden area with an outdoor terrace and seating and views of Southwold Lighthouse.
Dogs are charged at £10 per dog per night, the hotel itself is not dog friendly.
From 28th February until 1st April, there will be scaffolding up and we will be doing external redecoration to the building.
Please inform The Swan Hotel in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Swan Hotel
Check-in at The Swan Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The prices at The Swan Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Swan Hotel is 150 yards from the centre of Southwold.
Guests staying at The Swan Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The Swan Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Tour or class about local culture
- Bicycle rental
- Pub crawls
The nearest beach is just 250 yards from The Swan Hotel.
Yes, The Swan Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.
The Swan Hotel has 2 restaurants:
- The Still Room
- The Tap Room
Room options at The Swan Hotel include: