The Thomas Lord
The High Street, West Meon, GU32 1LN, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.1/10! (score from 400 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Set in West Meon, The Thomas Lord is an award-winning premium village inn serving locally sourced produce on its modern British menu and a selection of ales, fine wines and seasonal cocktails in the bar, plus a beautiful landscaped large pub garden. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the property and free parking. Rooms are available in individual luxury wooden cabins. The en-suite rooms include a flat-screen TV, Roberts DAB radio, hair dryer, Nespresso coffee machine and toiletries The breakfast option includes a choice from the menu of cooked breakfasts plus a range of continental items and inclusive juice and hot beverages. Southampton is 23.6 miles from The Thomas Lord, while Portsmouth is 22.4 miles away. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 21.7 miles from the inn. Part of the Charming Bedrooms collection from Upham Inns, a group of premium inns across Southern England
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.The Thomas Lord has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 14 Jun 2017.
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
See what guests loved the most:
- JaneUnited Kingdom“Beautiful room with excellent facilities, including a coffee machine. Very nice.”
- CarolineUnited Kingdom“Lovely spot in beautiful surroundings. Great atmosphere in the place and such a comfy well set up room.”
- AnnikaNetherlands“Very friendly staff, and spacious rooms located in the garden behind the restaurant.”
- ImeldaUnited Kingdom“The little cabin felt safe and cosy. Not over looked”
- GillianUnited Kingdom“Food and accommodation are excellent . Air conditioner room was very good with it being so hot outside”
- OzziejulesAustralia“Only there for one night but would be a good base to explore the area. There are three cabins set around a small court at the rear of the pub garden. Surroundings could do with a tidy up, rank grass and branches. But a pleasant setting all the...”
- SSteveUnited Kingdom“The pods were excellent with everything in you could ask for. The food was beautifully presented and hot. Excellent service by all staff.”
- SusanUnited Kingdom“Comfortable and spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. Ideal for dogs too.”
- MitchellUnited Kingdom“Clean rooms very comfortable bed Something different”
- MaxineUnited Kingdom“We had room only, no breakfast. The room was an individual chalet style in a quiet part of the garden. It was incredibly quiet, well appointed and an extremely comfy bed.”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
Do you accept dogs?Yes, we accept up to two dogs per room and we provide dog beds and bowls. We charge £15.00 per dog, per night and this will be added to your booking.Answered on 9 July 2021
Can we bring our dogYes, we are pet friendly, there is an added pet charge of £15 per nightAnswered on 15 May 2022
please can you advise what time breakfast is served from.Good morning Breakfast is served from 8am to 10.45Answered on 20 July 2022
What's the pet policy?Good afternoon We allowed dogs to stay in rooms for a fee of £15 per dog, this allows us to deep clean if needed any rooms that have had a dog stay w..Answered on 16 June 2022
Hi, I’m looking to book for 2 adults. how do I book one of those lodges/chalets ? I’m not sure if the option I’m seeing is a chaletAll our rooms are lodgesAnswered on 24 January 2023
is there a liftNo, but all our rooms are on the ground floorAnswered on 31 March 2023
- Still looking?
Property surroundings *
Facilities of The Thomas LordGreat facilities! Review score, 8.9
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet paper
- Private bathroom
- Wardrobe or closet
- Garden view
- Outdoor furniture
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Daily housekeeping
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Non-smoking throughout
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Non-smoking rooms
- Air conditioning
- Entire unit located on ground floor
From 15:00 to 22:30
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
From 07:00 to 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no cots available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
Cash is not accepted The Thomas Lord accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please inform The Thomas Lord in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Thomas Lord
The Thomas Lord offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
Check-in at The Thomas Lord is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The prices at The Thomas Lord may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Guests staying at The Thomas Lord can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Thomas Lord is 600 yards from the centre of West Meon. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Room options at The Thomas Lord include: