Reviews of Académie Hôtel Saint Germain

#103 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Great location!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

We were expecting a Queen sized bed but had two twin beds pushed together. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing to sleep on.

Great location! Minutes to the Louvre and Orsay Museums. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff was very kind and helpful. Room was decent size.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Lovely
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The mattress could be more comfortable, although it is not horrible. The bathroom’s self- cleaning system is loud and disconcerting if you shower late at night. Also, no full shower door.

Loved the location. Excellent reception personnel. Excellent service. Room itself is small by American standards but well appointed. Bathroom size was good and more than adequate.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Perfect place for a stay in Paris
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

We had an internet issue one night--however the staff reset the internet and it worked just fine

The location was perfect--two blocks from the Seine and great restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

• Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The cleanliness of the bathroom. Especially the ceiling. The room safe is not fixed to anything which is very odd. The room doors have very poor soundproofing. The TV screen is too big for the room size.

Great location. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom size is nearly the same as bedroom. Tea and coffee making facilities. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Lovely stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

There were plastic tarps on the floors in the lounge area & it didn’t look very good, the fire alarm went off several times during the day when we were taking a nap ( due to in-hotel renovation work that was done during the day - thank goodness this didn’t happen at night ! ) The beds were pretty good for comfort but not as deluxe as they could be for a 4 star hotel.

It’s a lovely boutique hotel in a great area, it was very quiet at night & they had a nice breakfast room with delicious buffet breakfasts/coffee. Very attentive/accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

I had great time which was made better by the welcome and care I received at the Hotel Academie.
    • Standard Room

The administration and all the staff were excellent in meeting any needs you might have, quickly and kindly. in that regard, they were quite unlike other hotels I had stayed in. Patricia and Irene who appeared to be day managers and all of those in the evening made me feel important, respected and cared for. It was an exceptional time for me,and I am going to recommend this hotel very highly to all my friends.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

The staff is marvelous - friendly, helpful and informative...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The rooms are small - we upgraded to a deluxe and it was still small. But that is hardly surprising in this part of Paris.

The staff is marvelous - friendly, helpful and informative,and this might be the best shower we had in France, although that is probably not too high on most people's list of concerns. It is an excellent location on the Left Bank. Breakfast was extra, but worth it.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Lovely stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Difficult to get round the bed in the luxury rooms and the design of the bathroom makes using the spa bath a little awkward.

The hotel is lovely and in a perfect location and the staff are extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

I will gladly return to this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The concierge service was outstanding. We spoke with Pedro over drinks for about an hour our first night there. His recommendations and suggestions were all fantastic for our days in Paris.There was a slight over booking through booking.com so the first night we were in a standard room. After that they upgraded us to the junior suite. The hotel also gave us a boat cruise and complementary breakfast for the mix up. I believe that was above and beyond considering it wasn't likely their fault to begin with.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Well decorated and staff very pleasant
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Very noisy despite asking for a quiet room, constant interruptions through the night by screaming, sweeping and cars, very bad breakfast that I would definitely not pay for, wet duvet on arrival.

Well decorated and staff very pleasant

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

I've stayed in literally dozens of comparable hotels in the immediate neighborhood and while this wa
    • Standard Room

Do not disturb sign not honored. 20 minutes after bath drains, without notice, automatic cleaning device loud enough to wake me from a sound sleep comes on. Staff rude. Check in took forever and involved additional charges despite Booking claim taxes included.

Decor

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

The ladies on the desk were fantastic so helpful so friendly, a real pleasure to stay there xx
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The ladies on the desk were fantastic so helpful so friendly, a real pleasure to stay there and the location is perfect, you can walk every where and a metro stop is just around the corner fantastic spot

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY WHEN IN PARIS!!
    • Standard Room

Staff were very friendly and professional. The establishment is immaculately clean and has an air of friendliness. So close to Metro and buses as well as great bars and restaurants. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

The stay was lovely
    • Standard Room

The only thing I can say was the waiting at the bar was longer than my husband and I liked

Everything was lovely, the staff so informative and welcoming. The location of the hotel was perfect and in walking distance to everything we wanted to see

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Average
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Paid extra for a "Jacuzzi" which was misleading - just a regular very small bath with a button for bubbles To use the iron I had to go down to Reception to collect it - not ideal Fire alarm went off wrongly on Sunday morning causing unnecessary fuss

Staff were very friendly Great location Huge TV

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

Wouldn’t stay again but fair price for the location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Rooms are Very small and self cleaning jacuzzi Very loud. Wine selection at bar terrible and breakfast mediocre. Hate the black and gold decor. Black and white have been more modern/fresher.

The staff are very nice and bed comfortable. Location great and double panes windows so quiet.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

The staff was amazing, going out of their way to make our...

The staff was amazing, going out of their way to make our stay memorable...they were so helpful and cheerful. They were the best! The location was perfect. We walked to all the sites and the metro is close too. Great restaurants right around the corner. We loved this hotel and will be back.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Definitely recommended, it is as good as the pictures.
    • Standard Room

The tea and coffee facilities were quite poor. There was only one tea bag of “Normal” Tea which wasn’t replaced for the second night.

They obviously went to a lot of effort when it was renovated. There are modern features in an old building with character.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Adorable hotel in fabulous location
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Truly nothing - was ideal!

The people who work at the hotel were wonderful!!! Irene, Pablo, Jorge, Pedro and another front desk manager (I feel terrible I can't remember her name) were the reason we loved the hotel. They made us feel so welcome and were extremely helpful and NICE!!! The location was perfect - truly the best I've stayed in after 6 visits to Paris. Lots of nice restaurants, shops and entertainment close by - walking distance to all the major attractions. The rooms were very well appointed. The bathroom (we had a jr. suite) had a nice tub and was big by Paris standards. The beds were a bit too firm for our liking. There was no dresser for clothes - just a small closet but we made it work. The only negative thing (and this is very picky) is that the flooring was a wood floor and it was very dirty - every day - I don't think it was part of the room cleaning process.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

I will never come back to this hotel, the manager is very nasty
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

as soon as I arrived the manager Patricia was shouting from the check in desk that my reservation said 2 people and I arrive alone with my 3 kids, she was very impolite and rough shouting in front of everybody that I have no space for my kids. instead of giving me a solution, I beg her to give me another room. she did the same to another customers, they arrived with a little baby and she was shouting in front of everybody that the reservation said 2 people.

the location was very good

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

The staff was super friendly.
    • Standard Room

My only negative was having subtle noise in the room. There was a constant buzzing which seemed like water flowing through pipes or a loud air conditioning unit (we had shut ours off), coming from within the walls. It was loud enough to slightly disturb my sleep the first night, especially since it was on and off during the early hours. We decided that switching rooms was more of a hassle than that though.

The staff was super friendly. The room was superbly cleaned every day. I liked that clothes left on the bed were folded nicely and placed aside. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. The location is excellent although it takes a few minutes walk to the nearest metro station.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Absolutely awesome. I cannot recommend this highly enough!

There is nothing I didn’t like about Academie Hotel St Germaine

The hotel is in a great location- with nearby metro stations and even walking distance to many attractions (Musee D’orsay, Louvre, River Seine) if you’d like to see some of the sights on the way rather than the metro. Academie St Germaine is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed. Walking into the lobby is beautiful, you feel in another world, and this impression is consistent in the rooms. A buffet breakfast is available in a lovely little dining room and the food is quite delicious. I cannot say enough about the staff. They are brilliant- willing to help in any way. They are always welcoming and makes your stay so much more enjoyable.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Cosy hotel, with Friendly Staff, at great location!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

We had a room on the first floor. Because of the busy road, there was a lot of noice! WiFi only had a weak signal.

Very Friendly Staff, ready to help out anytime! Good location, close to metro, very close to all interesting places! Although room was rather small, we were pleasantly surprised about the look-and-feel of the room, bathroom was big enough and clean! We would definitely considering going back in the future.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Overall, very nice. I will definitely stay there next time I am in Paris and will call the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

It is not the fault of the hotel but the room was small for money. I would pay extra next time for the room with a table. There was no room to open two suitcases.

I liked the beauty of the hotel, location, cleanliness and staff.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Excellent location
    • Standard Room

I liked everything in this beautiful hotel

Receptionists were extremely helpfull and polite. The location was excellent with lots of cafes and restaurants around. Saint germain de pres and serves Babylones metro stations were very close.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

The ladies at the reception were very nice and helpful.
    • Standard Room

My room the first night was very small. I guess I hadn’t realized 13 square meters was going to be that small. However the real problem was that the ceiling was very low and had beams so it made the room feel like a coffin. Luckily my request to change rooms was granted by the lovely ladies at the reception and the second night I transferred to a room that is slightly bigger with higher ceilings. Next time I will inquire about ceiling height before I book a room!

The ladies at the reception were very nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Decent accomodation
    • Standard Room

Door to ensuite is designed not to close so pretty strange. Seals in window not good so draughty with no noise prevention

Great staff. Great location. Very clean and attractive rooms

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Luxurious hotel in excellent location within walking distance of many attractions.
    • Standard Room

The bed was a little on the firm side. Very firm infact.

Perfect location within short walk to St Germain Metro, and many fine dining options and jazz clubs. Just a short stroll down the street to the Seine and Louvre. Patrichia at the reception was very friendly and helpful, explaining the check in process beautifully.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Always love a week in Paris- despite rainy november days- first but not last time in this hotel.
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

No complaints or even suggestions- totally met needs and expectations.

Perfect location- see Paris on foot- short block to mythic cafes- Lipp, Cafe de Flore, etc. Friendly, helpful and competent staff- You will get a warm welcome and send-off, that will want to make you come back. Lovely junior suite accommodation with ample space ( for value) and modern bath. A beautiful boutique hotel, lots of charm and calm. Recommend it !

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Don't go there !! it is trouble
    • Standard Room

unfurtunally , The size of the rooms are very very small and half of the size which are described in booking.com. The room was so cold and the AC doesn't work They changed me 50 Euro more per night to change my room a little bigger and warm room I completely disappointed with this hotel Don't recommend to any one

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Very overpriced for extremely small room with beam in the middle, tiny bed
    • Standard Room

Extremely small room. I could not stand up straight in the room or in the bathroom, because ceiling was lowered in the middle by a beam. The room was definitely smaller than was indicated on the website. 'Double' bed was only 1.30m wide. Personnel could give us a different room but we would have to pay extra (on top of the already not so cheap rates). Airco was loud, even after switching it off. In the weekend, there was no personnel to give any city advice.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Cosy and friendly hotel in a posh area in a walking distance from the Louvre
    • Standard Room

The room and the bathroom were small, however, what would you really expect for this kind of money given it's very central?

Excellent location, super friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Great location. Tiny but charming rooms.
    • Standard Room

Rooms are tiny. One receptionist very friendly, the other very unfriendly! Hotel has a strange policy of charging the whole amount of entire stay to your credit card upon check-in, instead of the industry normal policy of charging on check-out.

Well located. Charming room.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Bad
    • Standard Room

When we checked in at the reception, the staff told us the room we booked was only fitted for two person, and they couldn’t add a bed for my daughter because the room was a standard room. I said it’s ok because anyway my daughter would like to sleep with us. Then he said we have to pay an extra 30 EU/night for my daughter to stay in that room! I was quite confused as my daughter is only three and half years old and I have taken her to New Zealand, Fiji, USA and most of Australia’s cities and we never have this kind of problem. Then the staff called the manager and the manager was very rude via the phone, didn’t listen to my husband, just emphasized this is the policy and we have to pay the money. If we don’t we can’t stay and they won’t refund the deposit. So we didn’t have any choice but pay the money. Very bad first impression for Paris I have to say. Our next stop at Europe was London. When we checked in at Hilton, receptionist told us because we have a little girl, they can give us a larger room as the room I booked was for two people. What a different attitude we got from these two hotels!!!! What I learned from it is I will put my daughter on the guest list when booking the hotel from now on. But I really don’t like the way how this hotel treated us.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Charming little hotel in great location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Hair dryer (very minor issue but they got everything else right)

Great decor, comfortable, friendly informative (and multilingual) staff. It is lovely to stay in a place with character rather than soulless international chains. Very good location in the heart of Saint Germain, plenty of restaurants nearby and surrounded by interesting shops and galleries.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Great location, comfortable and pretty
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Nothing! I really liked the hotel.

Very comfortable hotel on an excellent location in Saint Germain. We were upgraded to a better room during check in and that’s was very nice! The staff was helpful and nice. Good bed, bathroom and lovely decor. We had breakfast there and it was good. Good variety, but I would like for a fresh omelette (or a choice of fresh, warm eggs) to be included in the buffet price.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

A wonderful boutique hotel in Paris!

Rooms are small like many hotels in Paris. But they are very nicely decorated and clean with all services and with very comfortable bed!

Beautiful hotel! Small but very nice, clean and with good decoration and services. Helpful service 24h. One of the best bed I have ever found in a hotel. Bathroom with wide window, which is a welcome benefit, along with slippers and bathrobe. Perfect location both for pedestrian and tube service, and also for restaurants and access to most of the attractions . I would come back here the next time in Paris!

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Location/luxury perfect hotel in wonderful city
    • Standard Room

There isn’t anything bad you could say about this hotel

Fantastic location for all Paris has to offer and very friendly helpful staff. Rooms are very luxurious and having tea and coffee facilities were a real bonus. Will definitely return.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Smart hotel, great location and friendly staff
    • Standard Room

Drawers in the room would have been useful. Also breakfast was expensive as a non-business person, so we opted to eat at the cafe just up the street.

The room was small but clean and comfortable. Great location, friendly staff, smart hotel kept to a high standard. 5 min walk to the Louvre which was great and lots of restaurants and shops in neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Adequate but won't be going back.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Size of room. The coffee they brought to our room was from a machine and tasted awful. On the other hand they did not think charge us for it.

The room was very small and did not have any iron.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Nice little hotel in the heart of St. Germain
    • Standard Room

The wifi is free, but it doesn't work at all. If you're expecting to be able to work from this hotel, or need wifi if you don't have mobile service in France, you're out of luck.

The staff is lovely and helpful, the rooms are compact but well-appointed, and the location is hard to beat. The street, while busy during the day, is nice a quiet at night. Nice bakeries and a few good restaurants within a couple blocks. We would probably stay here again.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2017

Small, but cosy and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

My room and bathroom were extremely small. However, with a very good design/planning, it was OK.

A very good situation in the center of Paris. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Cosy and well designed room. I like the decorations and furniture very much. In comparison to other hotels in Paris the ratio quality/price is very good!

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

the location is perfect.
    • Standard Room

People should know that the rooms and the bathrooms are very small!!! Cosy, but small.

the location is perfect. In the vicinity there are a lot of restaurants and bars. Very lively neighbourhood! very nice , cosy room.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Location and staff great but would not stay again - better designed rooms are available for less cos
    • Standard Room

The room’s hanging lamps have ridiculous looking birdcages over them on which I kept banging my head when getting close to closet and night stand. The “closet” is terrible - very narrow and short and bar is too high to reach for anyone shorter than 5’10” and uses those ridiculous hanger hooks that you cannot remove. There are no drawers or shelves for additional clothing storage. Had to leave most clothing in suitcase and given size of room suitcase was always in the way.

Desk clerks very pleasant and helpful - perfect walking location to many areas I wished to go to.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Good location, nice and homey conditions, with a flavor of Paris.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The Wifi connection could have been more stable. We ended up switching back to 4G.

The hotel has upgraded us to Junior Suite for free, which was really sweet. The staff were very helpful and joyful. The location was great, making Paris very accessible on foot.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Fabulous place and I will use it again and will be very happy to recommend to anyone.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

I was travelling with a friend so as a twin room it was a little tight.

The location is perfect, staff are so courteous and helpful, room was lovely and the jacuzzi bath was a lovely bonus after walking around Paris.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Lovely!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Steps away from St Germain...Room was very comfortable with a nice bath. Great duvets and sheets. Yes, it is small but then it is Paris. Bfast was ok but guests can go to a coffee shop and a boulangerie--excellent--ten steps away. The staff is the highlight...Patricia leads a helpful group who were attentive and always had good suggestions on where to go and how to get there. We had a terrific time!

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

We were only there for 2 nights, if it had been longer I would have complained about the road noise.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The noise from the street all day and all night. We were originally told that we would be on the 5th floor but ended up on the 2nd floor, street side. The small refrigerator did not work at all.

Clean, large enough (by Paris standards) and closeness of stores and metro.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

A great location, the hotel was beautiful, the staff over promised and under delivered.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

We were disappointed that staff repeatedly promised to attend to issues around our room, but never did. It lead us to be disappointed over false expectations. Some of the staff were very short on people skills and quite insulting to guests.

A fantastic location; quaint boutique style hotel with a genuine Parisian flare. Close to metro and wonderful restaurants. The concierge staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

My fantasy dream apartment in Paris staffed by the nicest people you'll ever meet

Nothing, it was perfect.

Everything! The staff went out of our way with any and all requests, whether it was needing stamps for postcards or new shoes to keep walking through Paris. The location was in the middle of everything and footsteps from food, the Louvre, the Siene, posh shopping, macarons! In my heart this will forever by my "little apartment in Paris" and I can't wait to return.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Charming hotel in ideal loccation!
    • Standard Room

Nothing, really. Would stay there again.

Excellent location... we walked to everything! Friendly, professional , very helpful and knowledgeable staff... always willing to take extra time to suggest restaurants etc. and give directions .Breakfast was great ,served in cosy dining room. Room on side street was comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Lovely little hotel in Paris
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Quite a lot of noise from room above. Bedroom on small side, dominated by bathroom

Lovely decor. Very clean. Friendly staff. Good location - Short walk from metro station, The Louvre and Notre Dame. Breakfast was buffet style with reasonable choice Spa bath

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Comfortable, clean and cheery
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

I liked everything. I expected the rooms to be of European size. If I was paying more I guess I could ask for a better view of Paris but the side street and light were good enough.

A wonderful Boutique hotel that is central to most of the main attractions of Paris. If the weather is good everything is within walking distance if you have the time. The Louvre and the Seine are a few blocks away. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is very friendly. The decor is updated and pleasantly cheerful.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

The whole atmosphere, staff and decor of the hotel were very...

The whole atmosphere, staff and decor of the hotel were very warm and welcoming. Special thanks to Irene and the hotel manager, Patricia, for working out a snafu we had with our transportation from the train to the hotel. They were super helpful and tried to resolve a situation that was not their doing and out of their control. Thank you for a lovely stay!!!

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Good quiet location to get around Paris. Decent enough hotel, breakfast was ok too!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Bed too big for room / expensive breakfast / no water placed in rooms especially during summer weather / jacuzzi in bathroom is nothing special to pay extra for

Location & the spacious bathrooms

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Would recommend for a short stay.
    • Standard Room

Very cosy room. As in, very cosy....even for luxury rooms

Fantastic location. Away from tourist places but all within reasonable walking distance. Or 8euro Uber ride. Comfortable bed. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

4 stars?!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Not a good value for over 300 Euros a night. “Deluxe” room 103 was too small – wouldn’t expect this in a real 4 star hotel… Still manageable if we (2 adults with a 6 year old) were “allowed” to sleep together on the one large bed. But the hotel insisted to install in the room an extra bed (for the modest 69 Euro per night). We used it to put our suitcases on - there was no other place left. Also, there was an unpleasant odor on the floor… I’d put this hotel more in the B&B category - I don’t think, as a whole, it has the capacity for more.

Good location of the hotel and light in the room/bathroom. High ceilings.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Lovely hotel in a great location
    • Standard Room

The bar fridge in the room was not cold but it was a minor issue and we never bothered to tell anyone.

Great location and very comfy bed. Rooms are small but most rooms in Paris are. Great value for money given the location

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Friendly staff, helped out with everything including booking...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Would have been nice to have access to an iron to press some clothes, but other than that nothing ..

Friendly staff, helped out with everything including booking restaurant on first night, taxis and airport transfers. Really convenient location, close to everything we wanted to see and do. We booked again for the next time in Paris.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

No. I'm a customer. You come up with a headline. Do I work for you guys?
    • Standard Room

We were charged twice for taking water from the room or from the breakfast area. We never took any of the water. I am not sure what was going on here. The person cleaning the rooms should check the number of bottles in the refrigerator but I guess they saw a bottle of evian on our desk (bought at a convenience store) and decided to charge us. The front desk removed the charges after asking us about it though so that was good. Otherwise great location and good place to stay.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

The hotel was very central to the river Stein and the louvre.

Nothing to complain about 😊

The hotel was very central to the river Stein and the louvre. In a very chic area of Paris. I would highly recommend hotel to my friends and family. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

The reception girls were too stressed and to hectic - and smiled and laughed too much
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

the reception girls were too hectic one over-smiling and stressed - and the other one stressed and a litte irritable.... And they couldnt get me a taxi in 10 minutes - I almost was delayed to a galla dinner. they could only call one taxi company - they said.

the place- street. close to university

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Room 501 has a balcony (the hotel's only one) - perfect...
    • Standard Room

Room 501 has a balcony (the hotel's only one) - perfect for a sunny morning or evening. St Germain is a lovely part of Paris and the hotel staff were charming. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would come back again.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

The room was not spacious by any means but I did not expect...

The room was not spacious by any means but I did not expect a large space in an older, urban hotel. I loved that the room had a/c because it was quite warm in Paris during our stay. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Tiny rooms, (tiny bed) but a nice location.
    • Standard Room

TINY room - and I mean TINY. Barely enough space to step down from the bed, NO space at all to keep suitcases open. One of the reception ladies was beyond lovely, and the other was kind of rude. When checking out, she was barking questions at me whilst taking a call to someone else, even though we were being served by the other receptionist.

The location was well priced for this area. Nicely styled hotel.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

The location was great, the service impeccable, and the room...
    • Standard Room

The location was great, the service impeccable, and the room was both very Parisian while still having modern updated bathroom features. I wish I could have stayed longer!!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2017

Great position in St Germain area, close to great food , shops, metro, and all that Paris offers!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

The lack of a decent hairdryer for guests was a real surprise. I had been travelling for 3 weeks and this was the ONLY establishment that did not provide a portable hair dryer. Instead the dreadful old fashioned 'drying hose' stuck to the bathroom wall was the ONLY option. A staff member very kindly brought in her hair dryer for me to use during my 3 day stay. So PLEASE TAKE NOTE - purchase a couple or hairdryers for use by guests who request them- it really is not good enough to only provide those ghastly old fashioned wall dryer any more.

Staff were very helpful and gave us helpful advice on all our Paris queries. Restaurant suggestions also very good. We were able to store luggage and change clothes ready for travelling at the end of our stay.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

You pay for the location. The hotel in itself is overpriced :)
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

I found a toenail on the floor when I checked in and the maid looked annoyed that I had asked for the floor to be cleaned again. Considering the price you pay, you expect it to be of a certain standard.

The bed was comfortable and room had a lot of light. The location was perfect and easy to walk everywhere. One lady from reception was helpful and very polite. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

Perfect location
    • Standard Room

Was a bit expensive but couldn't fault anything else.

Hotel and room was beautiful. Staff friendly and v helpful. Location was perfect, a beautiful area of Paris with lots of lovely cafes, restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2017

Great stay
    • Standard Room

More storage room Wooden floor in bedroom Description of hotel implied that there was a pool bath/Jacuzzi which there was not

Comfortable bed Friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

Ideal Solo or Family Vacation HQ
    • Standard Room

Would have preferred a top sheet to a douve - should've asked. Adults with better parenting skills. 6-7 year old kids running down the hall and slamming the door at 1am is bothersome. Adults smoking out of windows against the rules. Staff was always quick to address the issues before there was a chance to pickup the phone.

Elegant, comfortable and welcoming. Perfect location with engaging and friendly staff. Room was quiet with a/c, shower, separate tub and all the modern amenities. Couldn't pick a better location. Left out the front door of the hotel and you're straight down to the Louvre - short walk. Right out the front door and you're one block to the best cafes and shopping in Paris. Staff deserves a special mention. Truly multilingual, very knowledgeable and prepared for anything.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Great little boutique hotel in the Saint-Germain area of Paris
    • Standard Room

Reception staff were both professional and friendly, making it very warm and homey. We visited the hotel twice during our stay in France and I would recommend it to anyone wanted a wonderful boutique hotel in the Saint-Germain area of Paris

• Reviewed: April 29, 2017

Great location, hope to stay there again.
    • Standard Room

Inevitably, given its location, there is a certain amount of traffic noise.

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and, although we didn't need it, we observed that they were able to converse in a good range of languages. The Express breakfast, at 12 euros, was extremely good value - the freshly squeezed orange juice was absolutely delicious and also commended by other guests.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Paris adventure
    • Standard Room

Breakfast overpriced for what was served, , outside room 203 step not properly marked , fell, bruised knee ankle, shoulder. Witnessed an d reported to hotel staff.

Charming an D friendly

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Cosy boutique hotel in St Germain
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

Perhaps could have more tea and milk in the room.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean. The hotel has a lovely ambience and the staff are extremely welcoming and very helpful.