1. Zermatt - Matterhorn
- 200.1 miles of trails · 51 ski lifts
- 5,125 feet – 12,792 feet elevation
- Closest airport: 57.2 miles from Agno
- Avg. price/night: $214
This year-round resort is home to the most photographed mountain in Europe – the Matterhorn. It's also the highest Alps resort at over 13,000 feet above sea level. This well-equipped resort has a large choice of ski runs for all abilities, cross-country slopes, and three dedicated children’s skiing ....
2. 4 Vallées
- 256 miles of trails · 67 ski lifts
- 2,694 feet – 10,926 feet elevation
- Closest airport: 54.7 miles from Belp
- Avg. price/night: $159
Switzerland's largest ski resort spans four valleys and six towns – adding up to 254 miles of skiable terrain. It's mostly above the treeline, with access to Mont-Fort's wide valley and steep mogul slopes peaking at 10,925 feet. Lower down, you can find sunny runs with softer snow in the afternoon, ....
3. St. Moritz - Corviglia
- 96.3 miles of trails · 24 ski lifts
- 5,644 feet – 9,915 feet elevation
- Closest airport: 55.3 miles from Agno
- Avg. price/night: $218
This bustling resort is the central ski hub for the glamorous St. Moritz region, and, with pristine slopes and a renowned snow park, it's easy to see why. Intermediates will love the Piz Nair run, a red slope starting at the 10,000-foot high peak. For a more relaxed time, check out the Paradiso run ....
- 87 miles of trails · 19 ski lifts
- 4,955 feet – 9,604 feet elevation
- Closest airport: 39.8 miles from Belp
- Avg. price/night: $204
This high-altitude resort has around 87 miles of slopes that are almost always covered in snow throughout the season. There’s a good mix of different runs here, and it's also home to the longest slope in the region – a staggering 7.5-mile run leading from the top of the Plaine Morte glacier. You'll ....
5. Arosa Lenzerheide
- 139.8 miles of trails · 43 ski lifts
- 4,033 feet – 9,400 feet elevation
- Closest airport: 49.7 miles from St Gallen Altenrhein Airport
- Avg. price/night: $301
This resort consists of two peaks that are connected by an aerial tramway, combining two large ski areas into one. Beginners will feel right at home here, since there are bunny slopes here and half the slopes here are marked blue. You'll find most of the blue runs on the Lenzerheide side, while the ....