Auberge HI-Montreal Hostel
1030 MacKay, H3G 2H1 Montreal, Canada –
Bed in 4-Bed Male Dormitory Room
Room Selected at Check In
Single Bed in 2-Bed Male Dormitory Room
Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room
Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room
Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room
Single Bed in 2-Bed Female Dormitory Room
Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room
Single Bed in 10-Bed Female Dormitory Room
5 Reasons to Choose Auberge HI-Montreal Hostel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
The HI-Montréal Hostel was the first urban HI hostel in Canada. It opened in 1966, just in time for Montréal’s Expo 67 and was initially located at 3514 Aylmer Street, close to McGill University. In 1994, it moved to a larger location at 1030 Mackay Street – the site of a former hotel, Château Napoléon. The hostel now has 55 rooms and can accommodate up to 232 people. It caters to people of all ages, from backpackers and students to groups and families. Our vision is that hostelling is about choosing a way of travelling that focuses on experiences and people. With this in mind, we strive to provide the best Montréal experience to all guests by building a quality program of daily activities led by our team, partnering with awesome local events that we feel embody what this city is all about and hiring fun-loving, friendly staff who love travelling and sharing their best tips about Montréal. As a not-for-profit organization and part of the Hostelling International network, HI-Montréal is dedicated to the following mission: To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of peoples, places and cultures through hostelling.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Griffintown 0.1 miles
- Metro station Lucien l'Allier 0.1 miles
- CGI Group 0.2 miles
- Bell Centre 0.2 miles
- Ogilvy 0.3 miles
- Windsor Train Station 0.3 miles
- Guy-Concordia Metro Station 0.3 miles
- Concordia University 0.3 miles
- Canadian Center for Architecture 0.3 miles
- Georges-Vanier Metro Station 0.4 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts 0.5 miles
- Eaton Center Montreal 0.6 miles
- McGill University 0.8 miles
- Place des Arts 1.1 miles
- Notre Dame Basilica Montreal 1.1 miles
- Old Port of Montreal 1.1 miles
- Place Jacques Cartier 1.4 miles
- Berri Uqam Metro Station 1.6 miles
- Montreal Casino 2.4 miles
- Montreal Biodome 4.7 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- New City Gas Cafe/Bar 1.1 miles
- Atwater Market Market 1.4 miles
- Brutopia Cafe/Bar 0.3 miles
- Café Myriade Cafe/Bar 0.3 miles
- Les 3 Brasseurs Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Supermarché PA Supermarket 0.5 miles
- Mont-Royal Park Mountain 1.2 miles
- Canal Lachine River 1.2 miles
- Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport 8.9 miles
- Plattsburgh International Airport 57.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Most Popular Facilities
- Shared Kitchen
Services & Extras
- Tickets to Attractions or Shows (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
- Evening Entertainment
- Entertainment Staff
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
- Pool Table (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- On-site Coffee Shop
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No parking available.
Front Desk Services
- ATM On Site
- Baggage Storage
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Vending Machine (snacks)
- Vending Machine (drinks)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
Extra beds are not available.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Auberge HI-Montreal Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that children under 16 years old are not allowed to stay in shared dormitory rooms with other guests. Parents are required to book a private room or the whole dormitory room for themselves.
Please note that for bookings of more than 10 beds, special group conditions apply.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.