As the world of travel continues to change, considerations about health and cleanliness are now front of mind more than ever before. The health and safety of our partners and guests are a priority for us. That’s why we’ve put together some useful tips and helpful resources to give you peace of mind as you prepare for future trips.
Many properties’ pages on Booking.com now provide more in-depth details on the specific health and safety measures they put in place. This includes info about physical distancing measures and the type of cleaning protocols the property has implemented. These details are presented in a clear and consistent format to help you easily compare them when deciding on the right stay for you. You can also check each property’s overall cleanliness review score, based on previous guests’ experiences.
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Shared stationery (e.g. printed menus, magazines, pens, paper) removed
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and common areas
- Process in place to check health of guests
- First aid kits available
- Access to healthcare professionals
- Thermometers for guests provided by property
- Face masks for guests available
- Air purifiers
- Contactless check-in/out
- Cashless payment available
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Mobile app for room service
- Screens or physical barriers between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Single-room AC for guest accommodation
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Guest accommodation disinfected between stays
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Property cleaned by professional cleaning companies
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Hand sanitizer
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware sanitized
- Breakfast to-go containers
- Delivered food covered securely
General travel recommendations
On top of considering the property’s safety and cleanliness measures and other travelers’ reviews, here are some other measures we recommend:
Check travel restrictions
Before booking your trip, check the current travel restrictions for your home country and the countries you’re planning to visit. Make sure you do this even if you’re just traveling through a particular country to get to your final destination.
Update your travel checklist
When packing, consider bringing face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and a thermometer.
Check the local coronavirus (COVID-19) situation
Before you travel, find out about the local coronavirus situation and any specific policies you should know about, such as using public places. It’s also important to know how to access local healthcare services if necessary. If you still have any questions, you can always check with the property when you arrive.
Keep your distance
Whenever possible, choose online check-in and cashless payments while you’re exploring your destination. Maintain physical distancing guidelines as recommended by the local authorities and WHO.
Stay up to date with any travel restrictions or local government advice. Keep in mind that this could change during your trip.
If you develop any symptoms linked to coronavirus during your trip, isolate yourself, inform the property staff, and contact local health authorities for further info.
We’ve prepared some useful guidelines and tools to help you minimize potential health risks and safeguard the wellbeing of staff and guests at your property.
Reassuring guests with health and hygiene measures
This provides an overview of the specific health and hygiene info you can highlight on Booking.com. There’s also info on how to best communicate this to your potential guests so they know what to expect when staying at your property.
Keeping your property safe and clean
This is a set of guidelines to support your ongoing efforts to keep your property staff and guests safe, healthy, and protected.
For more resources and info, visit the Partner Hub.
Are you missing any info? /
Thanks for sharing