Market Street, Kirkby Lonsdale, LA6 2AU, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 680 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Experience World-class Service at Sun Inn
In the heart of the beautiful market town of Kirkby Lonsdale overlooking St Mary’s Church, this 17th century inn fuses both traditional and contemporary elements.
The traditional bar has a log fire and serves award-winning, local cask and keg beers. The restaurant serves contemporary English and European dishes prepared with local produce. Meals can be served in the restaurant or bar.
Set amid beautiful landscape, you can walk within minutes to Devil's Bridge, Ruskin's View (famously painted by Turner), as well as the stunning walking region of the Lune Valley.
This is a 5-star AA rated guest house property with two rosette awards for the restaurant.
All rooms have LCD TVs, free Wi-Fi and traditional Cumbrian biscuits. The private bathrooms feature Bath House toiletries.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- hello, Is it possible to store my bicycle in a safe place during the night? Thanks for answering Best regards, Ann Vanden BrandenYes, if fully clean in your room or after 10.00 in our YardAnswered on 10 April 2020
- Hello.. we have visited you for many lovely lunches over the years and would love to stay… just a which question about parking? Where would that be?At the moment we will direct you to local pay parking or nearby street parking which is free. If you stay after September then we expect to issue gues..Answered on 27 July 2021
- Can we bring a dogYes some of our rooms are dog friendly, so please check. There is a £20 charge for 1 dog and a £30 charge for 2 dogs payable direct to the Sun Inn whe..Answered on 29 November 2021
- Can you advise where the parking facilities are located than youThere is Long stay parking about less than 5 minutes away, Street Parking near the Church and free parking. at Devils BridgeAnswered on 2 July 2020
- Hi what time is check in and out pleaseFrom 4.00pm and by 11.00am We will always try to accommodate a earlier check in or we can store your bags.Answered on 20 July 2022
- Still looking?
Restaurant at the Sun Inn
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Pet bowls
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Packed lunches
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Room service
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Sun Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
When booking 4 rooms or more, different deposit and cancelation policies will apply.
Breakfast times are 08:30 - 10:00am. Evening Dining times are Thursday through Monday from 18:30 - 21:00hr, the restaurant is not open on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Not all rooms are dog friendly and you should make request to bring your dog. A charge of £20 for one dog and £30 for two dogs is payable at the Inn.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
FAQs about Sun Inn
Sun Inn has 1 restaurant:
- Restaurant at the Sun Inn
Sun Inn offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Sun Inn is 650 feet from the center of Kirkby Lonsdale.
Guests staying at Sun Inn can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The prices at Sun Inn may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Sun Inn include:
Check-in at Sun Inn is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.