The Spread Eagle Hotel
16/17 Cornmarket, Thame., Thame, OX9 2BW, United Kingdom –
The Spread Eagle has graced the heart of the historic market town of Thame since the 16th Century. The Grade I listed hotel is nestled amongst the artisan butchers, bakers, delicatessens and teashops that line the charming town centre, which is used as a filming location for ITV’s Midsummer Murders. During its colourful history, The Spread Eagle has played host to many historic figures such as King Charles II, and writers such as Evelyn Waugh and John Fothergill (An Innkeepers Diary). From the exterior, the hotel is instantly recognisable by its 30ft original sign depicting The Spread Eagle crest that has welcomed travellers for over a century. The hotel retains its sense of heritage and personality on the inside, where a meeting room named The Cockpit can be seen next to the entrance. This room was historically used for cockfights, but now provides a sophisticated space accommodating up to 8 people for private dinners or meetings.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Notley Abbey 2.1 miles
- Oxfordshire Golf Club 2.6 miles
- Oxford Services M40 5.1 miles
- Aylesbury Park Golf Club 7.4 miles
- Churchill Hospital 10.1 miles
- John Radcliffe Hospital 10.4 miles
- Headington Hill Hall 10.8 miles
- St Stephen's House 11.2 miles
- Greyfriars 11.2 miles
- St Hilda's College 11.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- University of Oxford 11.9 miles
- Blenheim Palace 17.7 miles
- Cliveden House 18 miles
- Bletchley Park 19.8 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Sainsburys Supermarket 0 miles
- Tuesday Market Market 0 miles
- London Luton Airport 27.2 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 29.5 miles
- London City Airport 47 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
4 Reasons to Choose The Spread Eagle Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Kids' Meals (additional charge)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and costs GBP 3 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Daily Housekeeping
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
- Room Service
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 8.95 per night in a crib.
All children under 16 years are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged GBP 15 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 2.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
The Spread Eagle Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.