Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Grand Hotel Portovenere
Set on Portovenere's seafront, this hotel features a terrace overlooking the small port and Palmaria Island. Set in a 17th-century monastery, it is a few steps from the town center.
The air-conditioned rooms include free WiFi, LED TV with free Sky channels and mini-bar, some offer sea views. The private bathroom includes a bath or shower, hairdryer and free toiletries.
A buffet breakfast can be enjoyed on the panoramic terrace. The restaurant serves fresh fish and specialties from the Cinque Terre.
Private boat tours can be arranged on request.
This is our guests' favorite part of Portovenere, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Spiaggia di Arenella7.5 Good beach700 feet from property
Spiaggia dell'Olivo8.0 Very good beach1,900 feet from property
Sporting Beach7.7 Good beach2,500 feet from property
Libera Beach7.8 Good beach4,700 feet from property
- How can I get to the closest beach from the property?Dear Sirs, Thanks for your interest in the Grand Hotel ! We have an agreement with a private beach where you can rent one sun umbrella, 2 sun seats ("..Answered on November 18, 2019
- Is there a shuttle available to get to the closest beach nearby? What are the other transportation options?Dear Sirs, Thanks for your interest in the Gradn Hotel! Our beach club can be easily reached by walk, it is 10 minutes' far from the hotel. During w.e..Answered on November 18, 2019
- How do we get from your hotel back to La Spezia train station? ThanksDear Sirs, Thanks for your interest in the Gradn Hotel! To reach La Spezia station you can choose between: 1) taxi, the cost is 50 Euro and we request..Answered on November 18, 2019
- I am planning to stay end of May 2022. Do you have boat cruises available to dock and visit the five villages?Thank you for your interest! For all these kind of informations or requests you can write us directly. Best regardsAnswered on May 1, 2022
- We are flying in/out of Florence airport. Is there a direct train to get to your hotel. How long of a train ride is it? ThanksThank you for your interest! From Florence directly to Portovenere there are no trains. The trains will arrive always till La Spezia centrale and the..Answered on May 1, 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Grand Hotel Portovenere accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
When traveling with pets, please note that an extra charge of 45,00€ per pet, per night applies. Please note that the property can only allow on pet per room with a maximum weight of 12 kilos and only upon request.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Grand Hotel Portovenere
From the nearest airport, you can get to Grand Hotel Portovenere by:
- Train 1h 30min
The prices at Grand Hotel Portovenere may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Grand Hotel Portovenere include:
Grand Hotel Portovenere has 1 restaurant:
- Ristorante Palmaria
The nearest beach is 1,950 feet from Grand Hotel Portovenere.
Guests staying at Grand Hotel Portovenere can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Check-in at Grand Hotel Portovenere is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Grand Hotel Portovenere offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Neck massage
- Water sports facilities on site
- Steam room
- Bike tours
- Hand massage
- Cooking class
- Horseback riding
- Temporary art galleries
- Couples' massage
- Live music/Performance
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Walking tours
- Spa facilities
- Happy hour
- Foot massage
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Full-body massage
- Back massage
- Head massage
Grand Hotel Portovenere is 350 feet from the center of Portovenere.