Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Royal Maritime Club
Queen Street, Portsmouth, PO1 3HS, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 3334 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Royal Maritime Club is just 5 minutes’ walk from the Gunwharf Quays waterfront development and Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard. It offers free Wi-Fi, a games room with snooker, pool, darts, a skittle alley and an on-site barbershop.
All of the modern rooms feature a TV, tea/coffee making facilities and a private bathroom.
Gunwharf Quays has designer shops, bars and restaurants. Portsmouth Harbor Rail Station and the city’s bus station are both less than 1,650 feet away.
Horatio’s Restaurant serves a varied bistro menu and traditional full breakfasts, while a selection of hot and cold snacks are available in the Compass Cafe. Some limited free parking is available.
National Museum of the Royal Navy is 1,300 feet from Royal Maritime Club. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 16 mi from the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose Royal Maritime Club
Southsea Common Beach7.9 Good beach1 miles from property
- How much is it to parkOur on-site parking is free of charges for our guests, however please note that is very limited. We also offer the option of buying a 24 h Council Par...Answered on October 17, 2020
- What time does breakfast start pleaseOur Breakfast service starts from 7 am to 9:30 am from Monday to Friday. On weekends and Bank Holidays breakfast will be served from 7:30 am to 10 am.Answered on September 30, 2020
- have you any disabled rooms?Dear Guest, Thank you for your e-mail. We have wheel chair accessible rooms, with walk in shower, Kind regards Team RMCAnswered on August 14, 2021
- Has the hotel wheelchair access. 2 in our party are disabledWe do have wheelchair access in our premises. Please contact our Front Desk Team to ensure that accessible rooms are allocated for their stay, and to ...Answered on March 13, 2021
- Hi, please could you tell me if you are far from the train station and cruise terminal. Thank you.Hi, We are about a 5 minute walk from Portsmouth Harbour Train Station,Answered on May 6, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Debit card Royal Maritime Club accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that on-site parking is limited, and is on a first-come-first-served basis. Parking cannot be reserved. On street parking is available around the hotel (JA or JD zones) using council scratchcards available at reception (GBP 4.50 for 24 hours). The historic dockyard car park is directly opposite the hotel. This is subject to availability, and hotel guests have a reduced rate (conditions apply).
Some leisure facilities are chargeable and time restrictions apply.
Guests are advised that occasionally functions take place in the club. On these occasions it is possible music can be heard until midnight.
The Swimming Pool is open Monday - Friday from 3.30 PM until 8 PM. On Saturdays and Sundays its open from 8 AM until 8 PM.
Hot tub/jacuzzi is closed from Tue, Sept 22, 2020 until Thu, Dec 31, 2020
FAQs about Royal Maritime Club
Royal Maritime Club offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Game room
- Locker rooms
- Swimming pool
Royal Maritime Club has 1 restaurant:
- Horatio's Restaurant
Room options at Royal Maritime Club include:
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Royal Maritime Club on this page.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
The prices at Royal Maritime Club may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Royal Maritime Club is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Guests staying at Royal Maritime Club can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Royal Maritime Club is 3,100 feet from the center of Portsmouth.