Stay in the heart of Bristol – Excellent location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Bristol Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
On the quayside of the Floating Harbour, The Bristol Hotel is 10 minutes' walk from Brunel's SS Great Britain. It has stylish rooms, free internet and a riverside restaurant.
The light and airy rooms feature modern furniture and many have views across the harbour. They feature a flat-screen TV and beds have duck down duvets and crisp white linen. Bathrooms include power shower and designer toiletries.
With huge floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning river views, the River Grille restaurant serves modern English cuisine including fresh local fish, Somerset beef and West Country cheeses.
The elegant River Lounge offers light snacks, afternoon teas and a fine wine list. Guests can also relax in the Shore Café Bar.
Queens Square and the Arnolfini Gallery are both just 200 yards away. Castle Park and The Galleries shopping centre are 10 minutes’ walk.
This is our guests' favourite part of Bristol, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Currency exchange: Need local currency? This property offers currency exchange on site.
- Do you have a disabled bedroom and bathroom with aidsThank you for your question. We have fully equipped easy access bedrooms at the hotel.Answered on 28 October 2019
- I need to use a power chair ( a small version of electric wheelchair) can we get access to our room with itThank you for your question. Yes we can accommodate, please inform the hotel so we can allocate an appropriately sized bedroom. We would also apprecia..Answered on 28 October 2019
- Is there a height restriction on your parking? ThanksThank you for your question. Yes there is it is 1.91 metres. Its an NCP multi storey adjacent to our building. We have a special price for guests of ..Answered on 1 August 2020
- Is it possible to reserve rooms with a view over the river?Thank you for your question, the view is lovely. You will need to book a Deluxe Queen Room and once booked please let us know that you would like the ..Answered on 29 July 2020
- When it says parking is £9 per day, is that 24 hours?Thank you for your question. It is per exit, so £9 each time you leave the car park. If you are staying more than one night and not moving the car it ..Answered on 9 October 2020
- Still looking?
The River Grille
Most popular facilities
From 15:00 hours
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
The Bristol Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Parking is available in the adjacent NCP car park for a fee of GBP 12 per exit.
Please note that extra beds are limited, and must be requested in advance.
Please note, a maximum of 9 rooms per booking are permitted.
When booking 10 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements may apply
Dogs are allowed subject to availability and hotel terms and conditions. The hotel policy agreement must be signed prior to arrival.
Please be advised that as of August 1st 2022, road restrictions will be in place around Redcliffe Bridge due to mandatory repairs for approximately 10 weeks. As a result, access to The Bristol can only be made via Bristol Bridge taking the following route: From Victoria Street, left over Bristol Bridge into Baldwin Street, left into Marsh Street and across into Prince Street. The Bristol hotel will be on the right. Please exit the city via the same route.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform The Bristol Hotel in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Bristol Hotel
Check-in at The Bristol Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
The Bristol Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The River Grille
The prices at The Bristol Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Bristol Hotel by:
- Taxi 20min
Room options at The Bristol Hotel include:
Guests staying at The Bristol Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Bristol Hotel is 150 yards from the centre of Bristol.
The Bristol Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Fitness centre
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Stand-up comedy
- Temporary art galleries
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Pub crawls
- Bike tours
- Walking tours
- Live music/performance