Just half a mile from the shores of beautiful Lake Windermere, The Fisherbeck offers scenic views across the Lake District. There is free parking, free Wi-Fi and award-winning breakfasts.
The individually designed rooms at The Fisherbeck have luxury Sealy beds and private modern bathrooms with free designer toiletries. Rooms also have a TV, radio, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities.
Delicious 3-course cooked breakfasts are served daily in the dining room, featuring local produce and homemade pastries. Breakfast also offers locally smoked fish and Kendal-roasted coffee. Beverages and snacks are available all day.
The Fisherbeck is situated in southern Ambleside, just 5 minutes’ walk from Waterhead. Windermere Railway Station is a 10-minute drive away, and Bowness-on-Windermere can also be reached in 10 minutes’ drive.
This is our guests' favourite part of Ambleside, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- TheFisherbeck hotel does it belong too English Lakes hotel group.We does not belong to it. We are independent. TksAnswered on 29 April 2021
- Are dogs welcomeyes, not all room types. the room type deluxe superking with patio is dog friendly room, tks for askingAnswered on 30 October 2021
- hi can I bring my dog pleaseYes, we are dog friendly. We do have a dog charge of £30 per stay- please let us know if you are bringing your dog as we need to make a note.Answered on 9 February 2022
- hello, are babies allowed to stop in the hotel? thanks stephHELLO, YES, THEY ARE VERY WELCOMEAnswered on 31 May 2022
- Hi What is the earliest time you serve breakfast mid week? Thanks Maggie HowarthHello Maggie, Thank you for your question. We can arrange continental breakfast for you from 7.30am. Please contact hotel directly for the best price..Answered on 18 April 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
16:00 - 22:30
08:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no cots available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
The Fisherbeck accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
FAQs about The Fisherbeck
The prices at The Fisherbeck may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Fisherbeck offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Check-in at The Fisherbeck is from 16:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The Fisherbeck is 600 yards from the centre of Ambleside.
Room options at The Fisherbeck include:
Guests staying at The Fisherbeck can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish