Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel
Holbeck Lane, Windermere, LA23 1LU, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 713 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The individually designed rooms all include beds dressed in Egyptian cotton. They feature an LCD TV, DVD player and tea/coffee making facilities.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 15, 2010
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, Are you still taking bookings for April, not sure with the current Coronavirus, is it ok staying in the hotel? Thank you SharonThank you for your question, we are delighted to learn that you are considering visiting in April. We can confirm that the hotel is open as usual.Answered on 18 March 2020
- Which rooms are dog friendly?Our dog friendly rooms are located nearby to the original hunting lodge and all enjoy either a patio or balcony area. Please contact the hotel before ..Answered on 2 January 2020
- I am looking to stay from 25-29th April with my girlfriend. Is the hotel open and will you be available? will the hotel be serving food?If your booking is before May 17th, Government mandates prevent indoor hospitality settings from opening. Rooms are available for a room only / self c..Answered on 15 April 2021
- Hello please advise if you have any dog friendly rooms available for 04/12 weekend - also is the spa available ?Hello, thank you for contacting, yes we do have dog-friendly rooms available please clearly note on your booking if required so we can allocate accord..Answered on 30 November 2020
- I would like to know if you have any clay pigeon shooting or shooting/stalking in the grounds or close by? Thank youIt is something we can arrange for youAnswered on 11 December 2020
- Still looking?
- AmbienceTraditional • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Tennis court
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Breakfast in the room
- Pet bowls
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Packed lunches
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Room service
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Smoke-free property
- Non-smoking rooms
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Cash Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
It's not possible to stay at this property for coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Restaurant is closed from Thu, Mar 25, 2021 until Mon, May 17, 2021
Bar is closed from Thu, Mar 25, 2021 until Mon, May 17, 2021
FAQs about Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel
Guests staying at Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
Check-in at Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel has 1 restaurant:
Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel is 2.6 miles from the center of Windermere.
The prices at Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.