The Royal Horseguards
2 Whitehall Court, Westminster Borough, London, SW1A 2EJ, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 1719 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
River View Room Double Bed
Suite with City View
Standard Twin Room
Deluxe King Room
Standard Double Room
River View Room King Bed
Suite with River View
Standard Single Room
Deluxe Twin Room
Deluxe Double Room
The historic and stately Royal Horseguards Hotel is an award-winning 5 star hotel located on London's Embankment at No2 Whitehall. Built in 1884 in the style of a French château, it is now a Grade II Listed building offering a choice of 282 luxurious bedrooms and opulent suites, many affording magnificent views over the Thames. The Royal Horseguards Hotel once served as headquarters for the British Secret Services (MI5 and MI6) and numerous meetings and discussions between influential politicians, statesmen and diplomats have taken place within the walls of the hotel. It’s said that Winston Churchill and others used secret tunnels within the building. During WWII most of the building was taken over by Government departments; the fifth floor utilised by the Russian Embassy, the sixth floor by the American Embassy and the seventh floor by the Air Training Corps. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel is beautiful both outside and inside and is often used as a filming location. It has featured in several films, such as The Constant Gardener, Bond films Octopussy and Skyfall, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and TV programmes Mr Selfridge and Downton Abbey to name a few.
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Playhouse Theatre 0.1 miles
- Embankment 0.1 miles
- Banqueting House 0.1 miles
- Whitehall Palace 0.1 miles
- Victoria Embankment 0.1 miles
- Charing Cross Station 0.1 miles
- Horse Guards Parade at Whitehall 0.1 miles
- Charing Cross 0.1 miles
- Nelson's Column 0.2 miles
- St Martin-in-the-Fields 0.2 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Trafalgar Square 0.2 miles
- London Eye 0.3 miles
- Big Ben 0.4 miles
- Houses of Parliament 0.5 miles
- Piccadilly Circus 0.5 miles
- Buckingham Palace 0.8 miles
- Hyde Park 1.9 miles
- Tower of London 2 miles
- O2 Arena 5.5 miles
- Wembley Stadium 7.5 miles
- The Thames River 0 miles
- London City Airport 7.5 miles
- London Heathrow Airport 14.3 miles
- London Gatwick Airport 24.3 miles
Shopping nearby – all within 500m!
Popular brands like: Apple, H&M, Chanel, Burberry
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
One Twenty One Two Restaurant
5 reasons to choose The Royal Horseguards
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 19 languages
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in London
Most popular facilities
- BBQ facilities (Additional charge)
- Fitness centre
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Chocolate or cookies (Additional charge)
- Fruits (Additional charge)
- Bottle of water
- Wine/champagne (Additional charge)
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kid meals (Additional charge)
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Restaurant (à la carte)
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and costs GBP 40 per day.
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Ticket service
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
Entertainment and family services
- Babysitting/child services (Additional charge)
- Daily maid service
- Trouser press (Additional charge)
- Ironing service (Additional charge)
- Dry cleaning (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Business centre
- Meeting/banquet facilities (Additional charge)
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Car hire
- Packed lunches
- Bridal suite
- VIP room facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
- Room service
We're sorry to hear that...No thanks
Your feedback will help us to improve this feature for all of our customers.Close
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
From 15:00 hours
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Bankcard Other The Royal Horseguards accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.