The Royal Horseguards
2 Whitehall Court, Westminster Borough, London, SW1A 2EJ, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map – Metro access
Excellent location — rated 9.6/10! (score from 2628 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of London – Excellent location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Royal Horseguards! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Between the River Thames and Trafalgar Square, this beautiful 5-star hotel has a luxurious mix of history and modern style. It has a restaurant, a gym (closed due to Covid-19) and river views.
It is a Grade I listed building that overlooks the London Eye, just a short walk from the National Gallery. It also edges onto Covent Garden and Theatreland.
Bedrooms offer Victorian elegance and modern features, including free Wi-Fi, Elemis toiletries, a 49-inch LCD TV, and free mineral water.
The peaceful One Twenty One Two Restaurant at Royal Horseguards Hotel features fine food and wine. There is also an outdoor terrace for al fresco dining
This is our guests' favourite part of London, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- e.g. if have to cancel due to coronavirus and advice from government will room be refunded even if non refundable room bookedGood Morning, Thank you for your enquiry. If you are unable to travel, as per communication form our head office, we can offer you a grace period of..Answered on 12 March 2020
- Are the mattresses clean ?Yes.Answered on 15 October 2019
- I’ve requested a room for two adults and one child (4 years) this room came up but it only has a double bed. It says additional beds are £60 pppn?Good Afternoon, Thank you for your message. The rooms that can accommodate 3 guests are our king rooms. These rooms are large enough for us to plac..Answered on 28 January 2020
- Can this room accommodate 2 adults and our 5 year old son and baby can share our bed.Hi, No more than 2 guests are allowed to occupy any standard room. Regards, Reservation teamAnswered on 29 December 2020
- is it possible to check in any early than 3pm .We cannot guarantee early check-in, they depend on availability. We can hold your luggage though.Answered on 15 September 2021
- Still looking?
One Twenty One Two Restaurant
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Trouser pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centre
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Tile/marble floor
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Fitness centre
From 15:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Bankcard The Royal Horseguards accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Due to Jubilee Events on the weekend of 2nd - 5th June, there will be road closures and diversions in place. Please check the TFL website for full details.
One Twenty One Two Restaurant is closed from Fri 16 Apr 2021 until Sun 16 May 2021
Bar is closed from Fri 16 Apr 2021 until Sun 16 May 2021
FAQs about The Royal Horseguards
Check-in at The Royal Horseguards is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Guests staying at The Royal Horseguards can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Room options at The Royal Horseguards include:
The Royal Horseguards has 1 restaurant:
- One Twenty One Two Restaurant
The Royal Horseguards is 350 yards from the centre of London.
The prices at The Royal Horseguards may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Royal Horseguards offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Fitness centre